AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's called "One For All". I bought one today for $90 after looking at the $200 Sony LCD remote. It's the damndest looking thing you ever saw: completely blank until you touch it. Then it changes to many different screens, all backlight, depending on what you are controlling. It took me about 5 minutes to program it for my Samsung DLP TV, Samsung DVD and Motorola cable box. It works like a charm so far and even handles the all the PIP functions just like you would expect. The only custom program I had to do was to set the volume lock to the TV so that the TV volume control works no matter what device I am controlling. It does all the surround sound audio functions as well. Anyone else try one of these?

...Brian

·
Registered
204 Posts
I tried out the radio shack version the other day and couldn't stand it. It felt very cheap, turned on at the drop of a hat, and was somewhat difficult to control with one hand. Hopefully this model will be a bit better when I try it out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Brian,

You're referring to the URC-9960 - it's also JP1-Compatible so you can program it using your PC! (Just be sure to get a POGO connector so that the cable fits easily)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave:

Thanks for that info. Tell me more about the connector! Is POGO the manufacturer's name?

...Brian

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The pogo pin adapter is named such because its six long pins (necessary to reach the circuit board connectors in the Kameleon) are on springs. It's not a brand name. You can check it out here .

·
Registered
589 Posts
Anyone have a code for a Panasonic SC-HT900 for this remote?

The Panny DVD and Audio codes won't work, so I'm just IR learning the

important functions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by uscboy
Anyone have a code for a Panasonic SC-HT900 for this remote?

The Panny DVD and Audio codes won't work, so I'm just IR learning the

important functions.
Call the telephone number from the manual, hold your remote up to the phone and they'll program your missing codes for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeSRC
The pogo pin adapter is named such because its six long pins (necessary to reach the circuit board connectors in the Kameleon) are on springs. It's not a brand name. You can check it out.
Question..

After you get this hardware...what software do you use to program the kameleon 8 in 1?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got the RadioShack 6-in-one ($60) and I love this thing. I herd some bad things about it and a lot of good things about it and I'm really glad that I got one. There's only one thing I can't do and it's not the remotes fault. I'd replace the batteries once a week if I have to.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have the radioshack one also. Its really good and I don't think I could have gotten anything for $60 bucks I paid for it that even comes close. It does come on way to easy, this causes it to eat batteries pretty quick. I've actually considered trying to disable the motion sensor so it only comes on at a button press. I can't sit anything down on its table without it coming on. Mine, like some others have reported makes a little noise with the electroluminescent display is on. Fortunely this can only be heard if you hold the remote close to your head. So I've got a couple gripes, but for 60 bucks I can control my TV/Tivo/Reciever/HTPC(PowerDVD, WinAMP, dscaler) , so yeah its great!

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Does anyone know if this remote can control a projector?

I use an InFocus X1 as my projector and would like to control the "On" and "Menu" buttons.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I don't believe there's a code in the 15-2133 to work it, but the InFocus uses a very standard signal, so you should be able to use learning to program it.

There is an upgrade available for it in the JP1 group though.

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
I don't believe there's a code in the 15-2133 to work it, but the InFocus uses a very standard signal, so you should be able to use learning to program it.

There is an upgrade available for it in the JP1 group though.
Thanks. You are correct in that there is no code available. At least not as listed in the pdf manual on On-For-All's website.

Glad to know I could learn it though. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
You won't find a manual for the 15-2133 on the OFA web site because it's a Radio Shack branded remote. The OFA model (URC-9960) has a different set of codes to the 15-2133.

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
You won't find a manual for the 15-2133 on the OFA web site because it's a Radio Shack branded remote. The OFA model (URC-9960) has a different set of codes to the 15-2133.
Are you sure?

Kameleon makes the same remote and puts both Radio Shack and OFA labels on it. I don't see why one would have different codes than the other.

Check the mykameleon website.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The 9960 is a different remote than the 15-2133. While they are both made by Universal Electronics, they are different in more than a few ways.

For example, for a Panasonic DVD player, the 15-2133 has codes 0490, 0632 and 0677; while the 9960 has 0490, 0632, 1362, 1462 and 1490.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
actually the RS and OFA remotes tend to have different codes in general. UEI has a massive IR DB and cannot put it all on the remotes.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CZ Eddie
Are you sure?

Kameleon makes the same remote and puts both Radio Shack and OFA labels on it. I don't see why one would have different codes than the other.

Check the mykameleon website.
"Kameleon" is not the name of the manufacturer, it's the name the UEI has given to the technology itself (ie, the touchscreen).

Even within a brand name, such as One For All, different models of remote each have a different subset of the master code database.

OFA and RS are different customers of UEI, and while OFA will be happy with a general cross section of codes, RS typically makes special requests for codes to be added for the equipment that they carry.

Besides, if you think that the RS Kameleon is simply a re-branded version of the OFA Kameleon, I suggest you take a look at the remotes themselves, they are completely different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do Not Buy A Kameleon 8 (URC-9960) !

I did and am now I'm out the cost of a remote.

2 weeks after the 90 day warranty ran out it began to malfunction.

One For All told me I was SOL.

Prior to that it was not working well. It would go through batteries in a day and it was noisey.

Do yourself a favor. Buy a different remote. I am.

I'll let you know my experiences with the Home Theater Master MX-700.

ptroiano

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.