AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the PS3 finally getting a Katamari game in September, I thought it was time for a thread.

For those of you who can't wait (like me, and more importantly--my wife), there is a demo available from both the Japanese and HK PS Stores. In the HK store, it's a blue and white icon with TRIBUTE since the game is called KatamariDamacy TRIBUTE in Japan.

Naah, na nana na na na NA...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Looking forward to this. I played the first KD on the PS2 and never played any of the sequels or other versions, so I think I'll really enjoy Katamari Forever.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The demo has two different levels.

One of them is from We

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the demo.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It's out now.

My local GS had it on the shelf Saturday.

I bought the crap out of it and played it all weekend trying to get over the caffeine addiction headaches. Jumping = awesome. But use R2 to do it, don't yank your controller around like the game tells you...far too inaccurate.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katamari Damacy /forum/post/16930799

Can't wait to see the King in all his 1080p glory...

Should I be worried if you want to see me in 1080p?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty /forum/post/17218565

Should I be worried if you want to see me in 1080p?

HAHAHAHAHA.

You are glorious in your insulting ways. The robot version just isn't as awesome.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris schempp /forum/post/17218595

hahahahaha.

You are glorious in your insulting ways. The robot version just isn't as awesome.

lol

:d (

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katamari Damacy /forum/post/17219154

That depends... Are you true 1080p or upconverted?

I think I'm a higher quality than 1080p... 1080RL (RL = real life)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
UGH. I've got the incessant sounds of J-Pop in my head from this damn game.

It won't leave.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I tried the demo last week and... didn't really get it. What's the point of the game? Just roll around and collect stuff or spread water

Were the previous game like that? Does it has mroe variety or it's just a rolling game? My GF was looking at me with weird eyes when I tried the demo. She thought it was another stoner game ( Pixeljunk Eden I'm looking at you
)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/17230853

I tried the demo last week and... didn't really get it. What's the point of the game? Just roll around and collect stuff or spread water

Were the previous game like that? Does it has mroe variety or it's just a rolling game? My GF was looking at me with weird eyes when I tried the demo. She thought it was another stoner game ( Pixeljunk Eden I'm looking at you
)

Yes...You roll around and pick things up. Some levels offer various requirements that you have to meet other than just getting huge like the watering level or a temperature level.

Pretty much an utterly pointless game, but I love trying to find the exact right routes through the levels to get the top scores. And the way it taunts you for not being awesome really motivates me.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/17230853

)

My wife was the same way when I played the demo. And you're exactly right- seemed like some kind of weird trip.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad /forum/post/17231280

My wife was the same way when I played the demo. And you're exactly right- seemed like some kind of weird trip.

Glad to see I'm not the only one and that's exactly the words I was looking for... a weird trip.....

·
Registered
2,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ /forum/post/17232173

If you think that's bad, try Noby Noby Boy.

Except Noby Noby Boy completely removed the context of it being a game....that's just weird.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My girlfriend loves it, and, TBH, I've gotten in to a little too. There's enough fun to be had just rolling around trying to collect stuff, but there's a ton of little hidden presents and extra modes to unlock that make it interesting for those looking for a little more challenge. I let her play all the new levels, then I go back and redo them for the goodies

1 - 20 of 29 Posts