AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the PBS digital station hasn't been on today and Sunday. Any body else? Or is it me?

thanx,

Rick

·
Registered
606 Posts
On Sunday (Dec. 1st), despite their monthly program guide showing a program at 3pm, they were not broadcasting. They came on later in the day.

Yesterday, they didn't start broadcasting until 8 pm.

Their program guide says they will have an 8pm to 11pm schedule beginning in January which is NOT the PBS loop, but programs selected by KCET staff.

For Dec., there are a number of programs listed in their monthly guide at times earlier than 8pm, so I hope they come on in time for those shows.

I called them on Sunday to complain, but no one has returned my message.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
They seem to have gone early to the new 8-11 schedule while keeping the same demo loop...

:(

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
From the KCET website:

"We are pleased to announce that in January, KCET will begin to provide this service to you on Channel 59.1 or 28.1(high definition), depending on what kind of set-top box you may have. Programmers will select shows exclusively for our high definition viewers, eliminating the PBS loop that is currently in place. Furthermore, starting on December 2, operation hours for Channel 59.1 will shift from its current 3 PM to 11 PM to 8 PM to 11 PM, which will reduce our energy usage and provide you with quality programs at a time when you are most likely to watch. Broadcast times and program descriptions will be available in KCET Magazine and on kcet.org."

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The wierd thing is, my set top box (Hughes E86) shows BOTH 28.1 and 59.1. It's the only channel that maps to both in the "real" and "virtual" channel numbers. I don't know why.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If they are already on the 8pm to 11pm schedule, then many of the programs listed in their December monthly guide mailed to subscribers will be unavailable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.