AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been having quality issues with KCET-DT (28.1 and 28.2) over the past few days, or is it just me. The problem that I am experiencing is that the picture has been breaking up with ever-increasing frequency.

I've been receiving and viewing OTA HDTV for about three weeks now. My reception quality has been good. I had not experienced any picture break-ups until about two or three days ago. These break-ups occur only on KCET-DT. Today, they seem to happen approximately every 30 seconds. Yesterday, it was every few minutes. A few days ago and before, it was never.

I am using a Radio Shack UHF antenna mounted in my attic. The signal meter on my Sony HD200 is in the mid-"Good" range; however, while a break-up is occurring, it dips into "Bad" for the short duration of the break-up. I've tuned into to some UHF analog stations and do not see any ghosting that would suggest I am experiencing multipath. I've been up in the attic to verify the antenna has not shifted. The only difference between now and the past few weeks is that its warmer outside and in my attic. Again, I'm not experiencing this problem with other stations.

Is it me or KCET?

Ron

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've been getting KCET pretty well for years. Suddenly I am also having the same problems you describe, breakups. My signal strength measures 75% with MyHD. I think the problem is with KCET.

Mark

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've been getting KCET pretty well for years. Suddenly I am also having the same problems you describe, breakups. My signal strength measures 75% with MyHD. I think the problem is with KCET.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem in the South Bay area. Good reception until the last few days. A solid +10 dbmv at the antenna but the DTC100 signal meter varies

rapidly from 68 to 94.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ditto from Orange County. Wild fluctuations in signal strength.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in Torrance, and I watch KCET HDTV programs almost everyday. The transmission has dropped out seriously in the last week (since 4/21 or earlier). The picture and audio would black out for 3-4 sec. during every 10 second intervals, which makes the program unwatchable.

I checked the antenna direction and it was at the same orientation as before. The HDTV set up has been working very well since January 2003, and all the other local digital channels come in with no problems.

I agree that this seems to be a KCET problem. I hope they fix the problem soon.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just watched KCET 59-1 for a few minutes tonite (Mon, 6:40pm).

No dropouts for more than one minute.

Signal steady at 57 - 58 (DTC100).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KCET seems to have fixed the problem. Tonight I did not experience any of the break-ups that I originally reported.

Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.