AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to receive a picture on KCET-HD, neither on 28-1 nor 59-1 for a couple of weeks.

I just did a channel scan on my Zenith HD-SAT520 and I still can't get it.

On 28-1 I get the program guide, a black picture and "no signal" message.

On 59-1 I get nothing.

So are others receiving it right now who are using roof antennas?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not me..... I was fringe enough that it only came in at a marginally viewable signal when Mars was closer than it's been in 10,000 years, but I haven't been able to draw in enough signal to get it into my program guide, which I could routinely do, for seemingly weeks now.

Rick

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm getting every other local HDTV channel in L.A. except KCET-HD.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a picture last night. But I don't use the program guide, so that might be the variable. I seem to recall that was an issue a month or so back.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve: was it coming in on 28-1 or 59-1?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Last night, I watched the KCET on channel 28-1 without any problem.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Its been fine here in the SF Valley since the PSIP problems of a couple of months ago. Its been steady on 28-1 and 28-2 on my Zenith 520 with the signal level in the middle of "normal"

Tony

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
It's ok here in the south bay. on hughes e86, I have to use 59-2 instead of 28-2 to get the SD sub channel. 28-1 works fine. I get 50-70% signal strength with a silver sensor.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
qpham: your profile just says "southern california", where are you located? I'm wondering if KCET lowered the power of their transmission because I used to get it fine and am still getting ALL other local L.A. channels with good signal strength.

Also, what make/model STB are you using?

·
Registered
223 Posts
WynsWrld98

I'm in Orange County (City of Irvine), I have the SAMSUNG SIR-T351

·
Registered
606 Posts
When I last reviewed the KCET antenna patterns on the FCC web site, the present transmitter had somewhat lower power than the proposed future transmitter. But, the shape of the power pattern is quite different for the new xmitter so people in different areas may experience different results when they change over to the new xmitter (for all I know they may have already done this changeover)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.