AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing has been posted on this for a while.

I thought the original launch date was next week (Dec. 16?). Does anyone have any updated info? This is what is holding me back from buying the 503...(why buy a 5002 card just to replace it in two weeks)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Check the Video Processors forum. There is no chance the card will be out this year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim,

Thanks for the link. Not sure how I missed this thread. Disappointing, but very helpful news...

·
Registered
33,556 Posts
Nothing in the area of electronics ever gets released on time, let alone something that is supposed to make one product do something it was never really designed to do. Keep in mind too that nobody even knows what the quality of this thing will be when it finally does get released, whenever that is. They're already admitting they're not happy with the HD picture quality.

This is also why I've always recommended to people that you buy a plasma (or any display device) based on PQ first as opposed to what "might" happen in the future with some 3rd party manufacturer. If that company doesn't deliver, you have no recourse since the manufacturer of the plasma never even suggested their product would be DVI/HDCP compliant. Hopefully this product is delivered in a reasonable time and does deliver the quality that has been suggested.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Ken,

I guess it's better that they're delaying a product instead of releasing it with inadequate PQ.

I was hoping that someone would release a unit by the end of the year, but it looks like it's too soon. I guess CES time is more likely.

·
Registered
33,556 Posts
That's true. I'm sure many companies would have rushed to market to get the bucks in to the funnel and worried about possibly upgrading the unit later. I just know the frustration that the Pioneer owners must be going through since things like this have happened to me many times in the past.

·
Registered
925 Posts
what problems are pioneer owners having?

doody.

·
Registered
925 Posts
oh - THOSE sorts of problems :)

doody.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.