AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Why buy one, when you can buy a Mede8er or Dune, which have been proven to work. Also, I don't think amazon's reviews are very reliable. It also looks like a clone of the HiMedie / Micca products, which by the way are no longer supported. Best of luck if you buy one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I thought as well. I was just curious to know if anyone had done a comparison it is a little bit cheaper but I imagine there is a reason for that. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
7,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopeboy  /t/1471952/kd-links-hd700#post_23296317

that's what I thought as well. I was just curious to know if anyone had done a comparison it is a little bit cheaper but I imagine there is a reason for that. Thanks for the input

Yeah, I understand it is cheaper, but if I was you I would go with something that has better support. Mede8er at the moment has the best support out of all the top media players. The only reason preventing me from buying one is no full jukebox support, and I already own two Dune media players.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I own both the Mede8er and the KD Links. The KD Links works very well. I have had no issues with it. 3D plays judder free over SMB for me. Well worth the money. The KD Link uses the same kernel as the Mede8er provided by Realtek.

My take is if you don't feel a need for a movie jukebox and are using SMB it just works. (FWIW, getting a movie jukebox running on the Mede8er is way more complex than it should anyway.) The KD Links case has more room; the unit does not run as hot. I like it.

If you need support, perhaps the Mede8er makes more sense. If not, there is no reason not to buy the KD Links other than misinformation repeated by those who have not owned one. BTW, I am not affiliated with KD Links.

Willie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts