Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help.

I have a KD-VTCA2 VGA to component transcoder. My video board is a Radeon 8500 128 mb, and I have tried the most recent 6071 and the previous 6043 drivers. I have also tried a Radeon 7500 with the same result. I have a sony HMD-A440 monitor. I am using a 6' SVGA-006 cable from AVCable.com to connect the transcoder to my computer. I am using Windows XP. I have a P4 1.6 ghz processor with 512 MB memory.

This is the problem I am having. My VGA passthrough works until I plug in the power adaptor. As soon as I plug it in my monitor goes blank. As soon as I unplug it my picture returns. I have tried different power outlets in my house with the same result. This happens with my default monitor settings and any custom resolutions I try with powerstrip. It happens with all the dip switch settings that I try, whether automatic, or 540p mode when I am using that resolution with powerstrip. I have tried positive and negative sync, negative and special sync. Yes, I have VGA passthrough enabled, but I even tried disabling it and I still get nothing. I also have to have my component cables from my Toshiba 57HX81 plugged into the transcoder for VGA passthrough to work. Of course I never get any picture from my computer on my Toshiba.

Key Digital hasn't answered any of my emails to technical support. I would appreciate any help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.