AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it taking a long time for this unit to show up in the stores?

Can't find them where I live. Are they building enough? Are the stores not ordering them? Are the big cities getting them? Anybody know?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I asked about them at Best Buy the other day. Their computers showed there were approximately 55 in the warehouse for distribution to DC area stores, so he thought they could be in the stores in about a week. Of course, I'm not sure how reliable the information is since the guy helping me said he was relatively new.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They are available from the warehouse, and should show up in stores soon. But if you want one any Best Buy can "ORCA" (order) one from the warehouse for you if you want to make sure you get one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jliehr
They are available from the warehouse, and should show up in stores soon. But if you want one any Best Buy can "ORCA" (order) one from the warehouse for you if you want to make sure you get one.
I'm having a devil of a time tracking this thing down. Did Best Buy actually say they have the 36XS955? I've had people confuse it with the 34XS955 (16:9 Sony).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, most Best Buy warehouses should have them...I went to a store over lunch and had them look it up in their inventory.....they are also on sale this week for $1597.99 with no interest for 18 months (monthly payments would be about $38). The store I went to had 2 coming by Saturday and 37 in the local warehouse. I'm getting one for sure :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I happened by one of my local best buys tonight and the first tv I saw was the 36XS955 right when I walked in. The sales person said they had just put it out about 30 minutes earlier (about 7 pm) and wouldn't even be tagging it until tomorrow (I had to confirm it was the tv because there was no label, but it stated the super fine pitch and was 4:3, so I had pretty much known it was). It was at the price gaohx stated. The biggest problem was that it was located with the other CRTs and not connected with component cables. As a result, the feed was widescreen and stretched vertically to fill the screen, so not showing its best. But the overall picture was pretty good (and alot better than the 27" 17 year old tv I'm planning on replacing).

It just happens that another local Best Buy is having a special night for my office tomorrow from 6-10 pm (after closing). They are offering 12% off list, so I have to decide if I will pull the trigger or not. But the key thing is they are now showing up in local B&Ms.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine Saturday night at Best Buy before the sale ended....they did not have any at the store, but one is being delievered from the warehouse this Friday....can't wait!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.