AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Sony KDF-60WF655, about 3 years old now. I am thinking of replacing it. There are three things that most bother me about it:

* the fan is really noisy IMHO. always has been. not notable when dialog is loud, but definitely notable when it is a quiet scene.

* in a dark room, the letter bars really look very gray. black and contrast are mediocre.

* 1080 would be nice to have by now.

does anyone know what the measured contrast ratio is relative to other newer TVs, both RPTV and LCD TVs (like Bravia's). I know manufacturer quoted contrast is silly, except to compare their own TVs to one another, so if it comes from a TV review site that also reviews other TVs, it would be great...that way, I would have some rough comparison.

regards,

/iaw

·
Registered
144 Posts
i also have that model. I am going to hang on to it till the opticle block extended warrany expires at the end of 2008. I am on my second, and I here a lot of people saying that they replace the tv free of charge with a new model of equal size, instead of putting in a third. They also let you keep the old tv. That would be an awesome way to make a comparison.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts