Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i am new to your site and want to say thanks for having me. I received a call from sony 3 weeks ago. they wanted to let me know that they were going to replace my sony kdp65xbr2 because of flicker problems that i have been experiencing. they said that because they dont make that model anymore, they would would be sending me the kdf70xbr950 with stand free of charge. i received the stand on friday and expect the television soon.

i am a little nervous as i absolutely love the smooth filmlike picture that i get with this crt type tv. hdtv and dvds are gorgeous with no visible artifacts. should i expect the same quality from this new lcd projection tv.. thanks for any comments you may have

·
2,429 Posts
Sony is GIVING you a $7000 TV and $1000 stand for a defective CRT RPTV? You hit the lottery!

Make sure they are not giving you a credit for the 65 and billing you for the difference!

·
Registered
70 Posts
You hit the lottery alright!!!!

I am on my 3rd KP-57wv700 with the flicker problem and sony agreed to give me the KDF-60xbr950, but they are charging me an additional $1,500 and that is w/o the stand. I was exstatic. my total cost was about $4,600 that's with taxes, delivery etc. I am now waiting for my set to arrive. It sounds as if you got a way better deal though. Good luck w/ your new set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.