AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening ladies and sirs,

I've had the KDL 40ex400 for about two months now and lately i've noticed that a good quarter of the screen seems to be brighter than the rest (mostly noticable on black screens).

Any idea why this is or if it's even fixable??

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagatassy /forum/post/19566593

Good evening ladies and sirs,

I've had the KDL 40ex400 for about two months now and lately i've noticed that a good quarter of the screen seems to be brighter than the rest (mostly noticable on black screens).

Any idea why this is or if it's even fixable??

Have you tried looking at the tv from a different angle? Normally the screen in brighter in the side opposite to the one you are looking at. Move your head around, the bright spot should move around. This is normal for all LCD/LED.

However, if what you say it's worse, then it might be Clouding or Flashlighting, that's what people call it. Basically means that the panel is not even, and the CCFL light is shining across the actual panel unevenly. That's why one side is brighter than the other. Some people claim they can reduce it a little bit by slightly unscrewing the tv on the side where the problem is, so to give a bigger gap between the CCFL light and the panel.

But yeah, none of those problems can be fixed. You can only TRY to alleviate them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.