AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a KDL-52W4100 that is no longer responding to the backlight control. I did mess around in the service mode a little looking for a way to cure the horrendous overscan from my ATV2, but it was far too cryptic for me to figure out.

Any thoughts on why the backlight controls in the standard set of control panels would simply quit working? It may or may not have been doing it's thing before I entered the service mode, but I never committed anything to memory while in there.

The set has been updated firmware wise, a year and a half ago, and if I can find a stick I'll go to the most recent update to see if it helps. Is it perhaps a different setting that overrides the brightness control?

I tried to search but was stymied. If someone can search me up a response and give me a string to emulate that'd be worth just as much as an answer :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any thoughts? Nothing I've tried has worked...

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoklr  /t/1417733/kdl-52w4100-not-responding-to-backlight-control#post_22197166

Any thoughts? Nothing I've tried has worked...

do you have any dynamic backlight controls enabled like eco sensor, auto backlight, ambient light sensor, etc... basically anything that controls the backlight automatically to save power and/or adjust it automatically to suit ambient lighting conditions? turn anything off this sort off

also, try resetting the picture mode you're currently using in the user menu if the above doesn't work

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it on a different HDMI input and I was able to adjust the backlight after all, so it must be one of the ambient light settings or something. I haven't given it the time to figure out which, now that I know that it's working on HDMI4 I must be able to get it to work again on HDMI1.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts