AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm an AV novice. I just purchased the KDL-55EX500 from a local store, and I have until Thursday to cancel the deal because it is getting delivered that day. The KDL-55EX710 is now on sale online for only $70 more (inclusive of taxes and shipping). I've read both respective threads and have gotten the impression that the KDL-55EX500 is a better picture, with less flashlighting and better viewing angles. However the KDL-55EX710 is thinner, sexier, and a newer model. And for my novice eyes, I probably won't notice the picture quality difference. That is the extent of my analysis.

Anyone care to chime in? What would you do? Again, the price difference for me is negligible.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbckbckb /forum/post/19644150

Hi I'm an AV novice. I just purchased the KDL-55EX500 from a local store, and I have until Thursday to cancel the deal because it is getting delivered that day. The KDL-55EX710 is now on sale online for only $70 more (inclusive of taxes and shipping). I've read both respective threads and have gotten the impression that the KDL-55EX500 is a better picture, with less flashlighting and better viewing angles. However the KDL-55EX710 is thinner, sexier, and a newer model. And for my novice eyes, I probably won't notice the picture quality difference. That is the extent of my analysis.

Anyone care to chime in? What would you do? Again, the price difference for me is negligible.

sounds like you want the 710. so go for it, there will always be a better price down the road for whatever you get so just make sure youll be happy with whatever set you get for i would assume at least a couple of years. cancel your order, get your money back if you have paid and order the 710 (hope its from a reputable place online) and be done and happy with your decision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.