AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering one of these tvs for a bedroom unit. Can anybody provide any insight into which is better? I've seen the picture on both models and I think the Sony is slightly better but I'm not sure if there are internal differences that make one a better choice over the other.

Price is not a factor since I can get either tv for about $15 difference.

Any insight would be appreciated.

· Registered
5 Posts
I actually came to this forum to ask what the best 32 inch LCD to buy is, within my brothers $700 limit.

He got the KDL32L4000 today, and we hooked up his xbox 360 with HDMI cable.

I was incredibly disappointed.

On black screens you could see a huge grid in the background.

I'm new to LCD's, so im not sure if this is normal.

All 4 corners also had a slight shadow issue. Sometimes it's not there,sometimes it is.

On one game, the shadows looked like screen windows...you know what I mean? All grid-like.

A lot of jagged polygons/edges as well.

Oh, and on a gray screen he noticed vertical lines flowing down the tv...like noise or interference...

Color is nice, but there was way too many other visual issues to enjoy it.

What's odd is I have a 46 inch Bravia in my living room, and I adore it, and it has none of those problems.

I dont know if he got unlucky and got a messed up tv, so yeah.

We're going to give it a week and then exchange for another, like a Samsung.

I hope someone replies to you soon, since I'm curious about the best 32 inch as well

· Registered
331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaperOnt /forum/post/15412652

I am considering one of these tvs for a bedroom unit. Can anybody provide any insight into which is better? I've seen the picture on both models and I think the Sony is slightly better but I'm not sure if there are internal differences that make one a better choice over the other.

Price is not a factor since I can get either tv for about $15 difference.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I don't know if you have already bought either of the two, But the 32LG30 supports 1080p60 and 1080p24 input sources.

Basically you will be able to watch Blu-Ray movies that are at 1080p with 24p, Basically giving you the proper 24 frames per second that films are always shot on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.