AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a new Sony KDL40EX720 and its a lovely picture but audio through the built in speakers sounds terrible. tinny, hollow and you got to crank the volume up to about 73+ to hear decently. Tried all audio settings. Surround off. Surround ON. no difference. YOu name the setting, I tried changing. Audio Off set to +4 helps but still audio bad. My old KDL40XBR6 sounds 20 times better with standard settings.

Audio is quite nice when playing a sample song via the Sony menu so it seems to me the speakers are not the problem.

Am I doing something wrong? Been through settings a gazillion times and no better. Would hate to think Sony is forcing me into a audio system. This audio is not even close to being acceptable.

Hooked up to Time Warner Box with HDMI.

Just hooked PS3 up and played a game through it and audio sounds GREAT. So why does it sound great via the PS3 and lousy when playing a TV show, HD or SD or what have you?

·
Registered
331 Posts
yes the newer kdl sonys audio sucks. I have a ex710 and have to crank the vol to 75-80 just to hear a decent sound or dialog.

invest in a soundbar or ht

1 - 3 of 3 Posts