AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kdl52XBR9 Serial No. 8113672 has been plugged in at my home since 05 Feb 2010, on 04 March 2010 the TV deleloped verticle lines of Green, Blue and Red covering the right Half of the screen. Sony gave me a contact number for a local tv repair, how ever the repair service stated a new LCD screen is the only fix, NO screens are available so my screen can't be fixxed until a new screen can be delivered.. This is supposed to be a "NEW" TV a failure of the LCD screen after 30 days use is a poor reflection Quality Control with in SONY products. I hope someone there in SONY is able to read and understand that I am without the Quality and not receiving the service I have come to expect from the Brand Name SONY.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
So, you are complaining that you have to wait for a new screen to put into your set......correct?

If it's a short wait, I would not be concerned......if it's more than a couple of weeks I would get back on the horn with them and talk to them nicely about replacing the set due to lack of use on your part.

How long did they say?

Sony's failure rate on LCD TV's is a low 3% according to data gathered from Consumer Reports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts