AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a few questions

1)Just got a KDL55EX500, I am kind wondering if I should have waited and got something else, I paid $1400cdn for it. I can still return it for 30 days. One thing to note, is that I prefer Matte screens rather than glossy. (Which is why I got this over the EX701, although I hadn't actually seen the EX701 in person).

2)Audio, my Onkyo TR-SR606 has issues with my hdmi devices. If i plug things directly into the TV it works, but using the receiver (on pass through hdmi mode) no video is displayed on the TV (it works the odd time, 1/5 times maybe). what would you recommend for connecting my PS3, HD Cable, and Media Player (all hdmi) to my receiver. Can I use the optical audio out from the TV, or do I have to go from each device to my receiver first?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir-loin
Hey guys, I have a few questions

1)Just got a KDL55EX500, I am kind wondering if I should have waited and got something else, I paid $1400cdn for it. I can still return it for 30 days. One thing to note, is that I prefer Matte screens rather than glossy. (Which is why I got this over the EX701, although I hadn't actually seen the EX701 in person).

2)Audio, my Onkyo TR-SR606 has issues with my hdmi devices. If i plug things directly into the TV it works, but using the receiver (on pass through hdmi mode) no video is displayed on the TV (it works the odd time, 1/5 times maybe). what would you recommend for connecting my PS3, HD Cable, and Media Player (all hdmi) to my receiver. Can I use the optical audio out from the TV, or do I have to go from each device to my receiver first?

Thanks for the help!
I use the Optical out with my yahama for just the reason you mentioned.

If it matters, I have the 60 inch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, I picked up an optical cable to try. I'm kind of annoyed that it doesn't work since that was one of the reasons I bought this receiver. I used it ok with and old 720p Sony CRT. Sometimes it had problems, but overall worked ok. Would the quality of hdmi cable have any effect on it? I always thought the expensive ones were a gimmick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts