AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a KDL60W630B from Best Buy this weekend. I'm liking the picture for the most part — the color is great — but when I went to calibrate the TV I found that there doesn't seem to be a contrast slider anywhere. Is this normal? Am I a crazy person? I popped in the Wall-E BD to use its calibration screen and the contrast there was pretty weak. Is there any way for me to adjust it?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Sometimes contrast is interchanged with the word "picture."

Brightness ... Picture ... Color ... Tint ...

Regards

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Ah, true, there is a 'Picture' slider. I was hoping that wasn't it, though, since I've got it at Max and contrast still isn't great.
Please define in standard video industry terms what you mean by "pretty weak" and "isn't great." What are you seeing or not in the picture that troubles you? What level of room lighting are you attempting to compete with when adjusting the picture settings?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

I hope you understand that contrast/picture controls on LCD displays do not increase the light output of the TV. They cannot make things brighter.

The backlight control is used to make things brighter and dimmer.

Regards

·
Registered
451 Posts
I used the avs disc i dl'd from here to calibrate mine & am perfectly happy with the results. Here's a screenshot of my "picture" settings.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts