AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi,

I am new here and joined as there seems to be a huge amount of knowledge on this forum.

I am currently looking to replace our 4 year old 52" Sharp.  I am doubting between the above TV's.  I'd like to stick to around 2200 $.  I really would like to go 65", but guess I could live with 60".  70" is too big for our living space. 

I like the current Sharp and also like the Q+ sets, but is the price difference between the UQ and SQ justified?

But when I went to BB on Saturday, all Sharps had the basic BB commercial feed and that didn't look all that spectacular.  I than saw the above Sony and must say was impressed with the quality, but it seems like it is selling out everywhere and don't want to get stuck getting a inferior current model replacement if teh set would turn out to be faulty.

Any tips and are there any other sets that I could consider?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the same dilemma, I also have the Samsung UN55HU8550 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD in the cart. The screen size doesn't matter as much as buying a TV for the next 5-6 years.

Will keep an eye on the forum for updates.

The Sharp Wallpaper mode is really interesting and that has put them in the running for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I ended up buying the Sony for 1999$ and I love it!  The picture quality is amazing.

I think I will keep this one until the next World Cup and suspect that at that point 4K will probably be either more mainstream or dead...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts