AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have movers recently move my goods. I gave them instructions on how to pack the tv, however when it arrived it was up on its side. IT was in storage like this for a few weeks.

What I have noticed is on a portion on the screen when viewing at a wide angle and a dark background you can see a darker area. When you touch this area it changes like touching an LCD screen, But goes back to the way it was after wards. No other spot on the tv reacts this way to touch.

Its not a big problem as of now, but I fear that it could spreed and cause problems.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

-Thanks

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
The screen is made up of a couple of layers. IIRC, its a fresnel screen and a lenticular screen. Possible one of them has got damaged or become separated somehow. Sorry, that all I've got. You might also want to try posting in the XBR1 Owner's thread.

·
Registered
533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricFlow /forum/post/19568440

I have movers recently move my goods. I gave them instructions on how to pack the tv, however when it arrived it was up on its side. IT was in storage like this for a few weeks.

What I have noticed is on a portion on the screen when viewing at a wide angle and a dark background you can see a darker area. When you touch this area it changes like touching an LCD screen, But goes back to the way it was after wards. No other spot on the tv reacts this way to touch.

Its not a big problem as of now, but I fear that it could spreed and cause problems.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

-Thanks

Agreed with poster WaldorfSalad. I would pop the screen/frame off and do an inspection of the two panels attached to the frame that make up the screen. Bunch of screws from the back on the top and sides, and a few under the lower long thin panel AFAIR. Search internet for free service manual which may help in disassembly. While you're in there you'll probably want to very carefully clean the main mirror and lens if they look dusty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts