AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a phillips 55p9401 RPTV and I seem to have trouble with loosing convergence on it many many times. I have to open it up once a month to readjust it. And from then out it is fine. I cant tell if my kids are running through the room and throwing it off or if this is normal.

Also is blurryness normal on these sets at 1080i? The center is always perfectly clear but as you progress out it gets blurry more and more. To gie an example on my HTPC if I have a window with small text in the center of the screen the text is legible, as I move it away from the center it gets more and more blurry until when it is at one of the corners of the screen it is no longer legible.

The grid I use to adjust the convergence seems to not look quite right like some of the lines are not quite as full as the should be not the same width all the way through and tend to be blurry in areas......

One last question for now.... on the outer corners of the screen I can not get the convergence right. The right side has probems with red and the left has problems with blue. It goes fine and then makes a sharp turn up or down depending on side of screen.....

My TV is really a rebadged hitachi from what I understand. I have to open up the front panel on the TV and press a button on the mainboard to access the sevice grid. Then Take batteries out of the remote hold down 7 and 9 and put batteries in while holding still 7 and 9.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.