AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the LNT4681F a month or so back but the screen was a little too small. I love the blacks that it produced but the black always seemed crushed. I took that back and got the 52XBR6. The picture doesn't seem as sharp as it did on the Samsung but that might be the settings. The Sony has some clouding in the corners that is noticeable no matter what my settings are. I paid $1844 from CC and wondering should I keep it. A flat panel isn't necessary and could go with a DLP. Right now I have a Toshiba 65HM167 sitting behind the Sony but that picture never really impressed me like the LCD's. Would the picture be as good on the Samsung DLP as it is on the LCD's? The 67" really didnt impressed me in the store. Should I look into getting the Samsung 55" LED LCD? I'm just not 100% satisfied with the 52XBR6 as I was with the LNT4681F. But I need something BIG. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You're probably not going to be happy with DLP, but if you just want big then go that way. Maybe look at a Pioneer 6020FD.

Pick what you like the most... I've yet to pick up my 52XBR6 (backordered since 12/20), but I'm still agonizing over if I made the right choice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, one thing I didn't like about Plasmas, the whites seem kind of dull compared to LCD's. Well when I first got my Toshiba 65" 19 months ago, the picture was great but over time the lamp got dim. I got the LNT4681F and that was the best picture ever viewed by me but too small. I saw the Samsung 67" in the store viewing a BluRay but it didn't look that great. That set is too big to just throw in the back seat for a trial to see if I like it. I will prevail.

·
Registered
28 Posts
With all the bright lights in the store, it's really going to make plasmas look a bit dull. Get them into a more realistic setting and you'll really see them shine. I've got a JVC 56FN97 at home right now (D-ILA = LCoS) and I love the picture it puts out, still on lamp #1 two years from when I bought it.

Big problem is every display has it's flaws: Plasma = Phosphor trails, DLP's Color Wheel gives me headaches, LCD's clouding and flashlights.

Pick the biggest that you're fully happy with. Last thing you want to be doing is looking for a bigger TV in less than a year because the current one is too small! Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts