AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi need some advice.

I just picked up a Samsung LN32B540 at BJs for what I thought was a good price. The picture looks nice but I do have the following concerns:

1. Viewing angle is quite poor on this set.

2. Sound is "tinny", but I understand this is a common issue with flat panels.

3. It's only 720p (at 32" not sure if it matters)

4. Screen size seems small moving from a 27" 4x3 SDTV. A 37" is the max size that will fit in my cabinet, but I can't spend much more for this TV.

5. It's 60Hz. But I can't afford 120Hz so no real issue.

So I am thinking about a Vizio VO370M that I can get for about $70 more. This one is also 1080p. Any opinions on whether I should exchange the Samsung for the Vizio? Being 12' away in the bedroom, the larger screen would be nice - or would the quality suffer too much?

I guess the other option is to return the Sammy and just wait until quality 37" displays break the $500 price point....

Thanks for any advice!

DoP

Thanks

DoP

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
This is one of those "only you can decide" questions. If you think the Vizio looks fine and you like the larger size, get it. You know that the Samsung is a better quality tv, but so what, if you like the pic on the Vizio, you can afford it, it's 1080p and it's larger, go for it.

And being 12' away I'm not sure how you can see either one very well, the pic must look really small. Definately get as large a screen as you can.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You don't seem too happy with the Samsung, so you might as well give the Vizio a try. You can only take peoples opinion here with a grain of salt. Most will tell you to get what they have (I have trouble separating myself anyways). I personally recommend what your eyes are telling you and ignore us. If the Samsung doesn't work for you then look into the Vizio without hesitation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp /forum/post/16988850

I suggest the samsung LN37a550 you could find it for about your budget

I'd like to get that but would be shot for spending that much $$$$. If it was up to me I'd be mounting a 50" LED or plasma on the wall and price would not be the main concern!

Why do most women hate spending money on electronics? Well - maybe that's a topic for a different discussion group!

DoP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.