AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the proud owner of a Panny TH42PHD6UY and an inhabitor of a small one bedroom apartment in NYC, I'm a little wary of throwing out my plasma TV boxes a week after I set up the display.

Anybody have pics of a design solution? Maybe a not-so-elegant console table? Throw a table cloth over it, add some pillows on top then call it a guest bed? Someone please help, I'm gonna put them in the trash today!

Anybody regret throwing out the boxes too soon? Are they available on E-bay?

Do I have a new un-named psychological disorder?

Someone please help! Tell me to throw out the boxes. Throw out the boxes? Gonna have a drink and an Ativan soon.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I kept the box...the inner one at least. But I have a nice sized garage, and hung it from the ceiling (oooooh, look at that funky light fixture).

I'm a firm believer of modified murphy's law when it comes to boxes...if you keep em, you'll never need em...if you toss em, you'll need em for sure.

Rich

·
Registered
141 Posts
I kept my huge 61" Samsung DLP box in the back yard. Living in Phoenix where it never rains, I thought I'd be safe. It rained. Yet, I am so anal the box in its melted down condition is still at the side of the house. As soon as I toss the box my tv goes to hell in a handbasket.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I still have the box for my 503 (it's been 5 months now). It's out in the garage and I am using it as... a box to hold all of my other boxes that I refuse to throw away (receivers, DSS, DVD players, speakers, computers etc...).

This is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that does it.

I'm throwing out the boxes right now.

The girlfriend has decreed "Throw out the boxes"

If anything happens I'm blaming it all on her! That's what I needed... a scapegoat.

I'll keep you posted on all the bad things that are going to happen.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have every box for my entire HT and the displays in secondary rooms:eek: Help I'm lost and can't find my way around them:eek: Makes a good maze for the kids:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, I live in a small 1 bedroom apt also. What I did with my box(both inside & out for phd6uy) is, I went to ikea and got couple shelvings and put them on top and turned it into a corner table. I'm thinking of putting some fabric over it as well. It works well as a place to put lamps and other small items.

·
Registered
333 Posts
A plasma box qualifies as an apartment in NYC. Sublet it and charge rent.

Ask a friend who lives in a house to keep it for you in a garage.

Throw them $50-100 or buy them dinner.

NY Yankee playoff tickets is also a nice enticement.

Have baseball playoff or football party, then find a sucker.

Under the bed next to the bogeyman is the best option.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm having a garage built for mine. I'll just line my spare tires up under it, throw on a car cover, and tell everyone it's a Volvo. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
For sure the tenant will demand rent control... miss my one family house in Queens.

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthfighter
A plasma box qualifies as an apartment in NYC. Sublet it and charge rent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.