AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I just purchased the XBR55X800B and love it so far. I've spent some time tweaking each input's picture and I'm satisfied with what I have now for my PS4, Xbox One, and cable HD box. However, I'm wondering if I should take it back before the 14 day exchange period at Best Buy ends and pony up the extra money to go to the X850B. I thought the main difference was the lack of 3D, which I don't care about and won't use, but it seems after reading here that TriLuminous is a really big deal.

If my main use cases for the TV are video games and 1080p content via Netflix/cable (with 4K thrown in as it becomes more widely available of course, just not much out there now that I want besides House of Cards), am I really going to regret not getting the X850? Thanks for the time and input guys/gals, appreciated!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Better is the arch enemy of good enough.

If you have it and it's all setup and you are pleased with it, the only way you'll be unhappy it doesn't have TriLuminos is if you spend a lot of time thinking about it. I can't speak from having seen either critically (I have seen an X850B in a BestBuy environment) or A-B compared them, but this is most likely one of those marginal improvements. Could you tell the difference? Maybe with the right program content and the set setup appropriately. Is it going to be a big difference? Almost certainly not most of the time and with most content. The manufacturers will always make sure that you can part with more dollars to get some feature here or there that make a marginal improvement. So if you are going down that path why stop at the X850B?

Oh, and features that are "a really big deal" here on AVSF are maybe not such a big deal in most of the rest of the universe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts