AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm looking for a KEF 107/2 MF/HF head assembly
I happen to own the complete speaker set...heads and bass speaker cabinets (Rosewood). I may consider breaking them up for the right price. The speakers are located at Boca Raton, FL 33486

Kindly advise of your interest, if any.

Best regards,

msm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you disassemble a pair of KEF Reference 107/2s? They're great speakers. But if you do, what price are you thinking about for a single head assembly? After consultation with a KEF tech, I've ordered a KEF R 600C to try as the center speaker between my pair of 107/2s. It's bi-wirable, so I thought if I didn't like the sound I could install a 107/2 head assembly instead of the Uni-Q.

Your pair of 107/2s could make nice surround speakers for my setup. What shape are they in and have you thought about a price?

db

·
Registered
64 Posts
Why would you disassemble a pair of KEF Reference 107/2s? They're great speakers. But if you do, what price are you thinking about for a single head assembly? After consultation with a KEF tech, I've ordered a KEF R 600C to try as the center speaker between my pair of 107/2s. It's bi-wirable, so I thought if I didn't like the sound I could install a 107/2 head assembly instead of the Uni-Q.

Your pair of 107/2s could make nice surround speakers for my setup. What shape are they in and have you thought about a price?

db
Not sure if the heads alone would make for the best Center Channel deployment.

Now as for Surround speakers, they would be more than excellent but perhaps a bit of overkill? Notwithstanding that, $2,000.00 FOB Boca Raton, FL 33486 for the complete pair. I also own a pair of KEF Reference 103.3, which while not quite the same as the 107's are still very much Reference speakers. $750.00/pr.

Both sets are in excellent condition.

Best regards,

msm

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if the heads alone would make for the best Center Channel deployment.

Now as for Surround speakers, they would be more than excellent but perhaps a bit of overkill?
I'm awaiting the arrival of the KEF R 600C I ordered, and I hope as the KEF tech suggested it will prove entirely satisfactory as a center speaker between the 107/2s. If not, my thinking is to use its biwire capability to send LF to the R 600C and MF/HF to a 107/2 head assembly -- I hope it doesn't come to that.

I've never heard the KEF LS50s, but the raves as been so ubiquitous I've been eager to try a pair. Given that both the R 600C and LS50 are derived from Blade technology, I ordered a pair to use as surrounds to replace my 80s era 102. So my setup will be 107/2 mains, R 600C center, LS50 surrounds, T-301 rears, and a pair of Velodyne HGS-15 subs controlled by an SMS-1 acoustic room corrector. I listen mostly to music in stereo, so the link is simple: Ayre C-5xeMP to Parasound JC-2 BP to Proceed HPA-3 amp to 107/2s; no subs, no processor. An Oppo 105 is reserved for Blu-ray and HT, a Sony XA5400ES for DSD surround; both use a Cary Cinema 11a processor.

I hope your 107/2s go to a good home. They deserve it.

db

1 - 5 of 5 Posts