AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On their site KEF announced the follow up of their famous eggs. The KEF KHT 2005.2 http://www.kef.com/KHT/home.htm

The specs looks very promising. It will be released this month. Currently the prices of their "old" set are dropping very rapidly till 720 EURO.

Looking very much forward to hear and see them.

Jurgen

---------------------------------

KHT 2005.2 - HEAR IT AND BE THERE

Technical improvements to the new KHT2005.2

COMPLETELY NEW UNI-Q ARRAY:

- This now has a twin Neodymium magnet system similar to the Reference UNI-Q array. The compact magnet size releases useful cabinet volume allowing increased LF extension.

- The array also uses the 19mm Aluminium dome tweeter proven in the Q series to achieve extended bandwidth to 27kHz and pure, open high frequency performance.

- The array (both LF and HF coils) has also been given Ferrofluid cooling. This increases overall dynamics and reduces distortion levels.

- The newly designed double flared port reduces port noise and increases the bass output for a more dynamic, cleaner delivery. The port has an internal flare which mirrors the visible external to minimise turbulent air-flow.

- Low loss capacitors and Air Cored Inductors are also used in critical positions on the dividing network (crossover) to ensure a clean signal path resulting in detailed HF performance.

- Nickel-plated terminals, able to receive 4mm banana plugs as well as bare cable or spades, are now standard for high quality connections.

- Cable management on the integral bracket/foot assembly. This ensures a completely discrete cabling option when used on wall mounting.

- New appealling finish. To complement the most popular TV's and other audio equipment on the market. Also a Black version available.

- Stands also available with new discrete cable management (cable is inserted underneath the base plate). Also come in the same finishes as the satellites.

- The satellites are covered by a 5-year manufacturer warranty.

COMPLETELY NEW ACTIVE SUBWOOFER:

-New 10" (250mm) long throw bass driver. Bigger driveer for extension down to 30Hz.

- Lower extension and reduced group delay is achieved by using a closed box system, also, by removing the port we have eliminated ALL port noise.

- True 250 Watt (150W RMS) amplifier built in, for fast/clean signal delivery to the driver and a more controlled overall bass response.

- Variable Phase (for room placement), Frequency (for fine-tuning) and Level (to suit small or large rooms).

- Music/Cinema switch for convenient listening (saves adjusting the level everytime you change from music to movies).

- No high level in and outputs. Less complicated set-up.

- Ground lift facility, for those troublesome environments where ground loops are a problem.

- Heavily braced cabinet. Rigid construction virtually elliminates box coloration.

- Rubber isolation system. This works as a spike for absorbing vibrations. It also avoids damage to wooden flooring.

- Electronics are covered by a 1-year warranty; the passive parts are covered by a 5-year warranty.

----

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just happened to get KHT 2005.1 for my bedroom and I am amazed at the sound quality they are able to produce. I was able to get it for $800 USD from authorized dealer for a store demo set. They sound so full even in a big room. I think the Uni-Qs are some serious stuff. I didn't expect anywhere close to how they sound.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
What's the difference between .1 and .2?

You got it for $800 including the subwoofer?

I am jealous if true... I may be moving to a place where I need real small speakers and I heard these for just a few mins., but thought: "Hmmm... Could these be them??

Mark

·
Registered
556 Posts
2005.2 are the newer version but I didn't get to check the differences. One change with the silver color once is the shade changed a little. Yes, I got it for $800 including the sub. Could be because I purchase Loewe Anaconda 38" HDTV with it which was also offered at great price.

Buying most of the stuff from one dealer sure pays over time.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Kits, your earlier post referred to the 2005.1, so I'm assuming that's what you bought. But anyway...

I would be very excited to get these speakers for anywhere near that price.... And it looks increasingly like I'm going to need to "go small."

My initial reaction was that these were better than the Gallos, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Mark

·
Registered
556 Posts
rogo, I tried to get similar deal(on KHT 2005.1) for my friend from the same dealer and he couldn't. We couldn't even get any 2005.1s from the dealer as they now have only 2005.2s.

My timing was perfect to have gotten this deal as I purchased Loewe 38" from the dealer at the same time plus I purchased KEF Reference 203s and matching speakers about 2 months back.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Kits, again it sounds good to me....

I am sensing I can get the whole thing for $1200 all new when the time is right (kind of Gallo money), but will try to deal when I do.

I am going to hate parting with my NHT 2.5s and AC-1 system, but space is likely to be an issue.

Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Folks,

I was told that the new sub for the 2005.2 that you read about on the KEF web site will not be coming to the US. However there would be 1 or 2 different 10" models that would be offered. For some reason, my local dealer only shows the original 2005 sub in his system. Anyone hear anythng about availability the new sub/s? Thanks!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I have not found any info one way or the other on this.

As I'm personally very interested in these speakers, I hope to visit with KEF at CEDIA Friday-Sunday.

They may be the lone speaker vendor I seek out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.