AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiiermike /forum/post/19565870

I am looking for a set of wall mounts for my Kef iQ10's. I cant seem to find the authentic ones, does anyone have any suggestions on a good set and where to get them?
These look pretty good to me. The KEF's will fit and will not tax the weight limit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Those do look awesome but the issue for me is going to be that they only tit 7 degrees, I don't think that's going to be enough. I'm going to be mounting them close to the ceiling so I need a little more tilt.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On second thought, is 7 degrees enough? I really don't know.

If I am able to stumble across the Kef mounts, does anyone know if they tilt or not. I cant seem to find any specs.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiiermike /forum/post/19572956

On second thought, is 7 degrees enough? I really don't know.

If I am able to stumble across the Kef mounts, does anyone know if they tilt or not. I cant seem to find any specs.

The surround speakers do not have to be aimed directly at one's head to be effective. We used to recommend them being a few feet above ear level aimed perpendicular to the wall, thus helping folks further away to be more on axis than the closer folks.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler /forum/post/19566712

These look pretty good to me. The KEF's will fit and will not tax the weight limit.

I seen this on one of the reviews,

Caution: misleading product description. "The brackets hold your speakers securely without the need to drill or screw into the speaker's cabinet." The instructions specifically state, "in order to maintain maximum safety it is necessary to use small security screws." Huh, 'necessary', really? So theyre NOT "secure" then huh? Included with these brackets are five screws, three go into the bottom of the speaker and one into each side that screw INTO the speaker cabinet. If I had wanted a mounting solution that utterly voided my speaker warranty I surely wouldnt have spent this much on a pair of brackets to do so! While these brackets have a refined look and do allow for adjustment post-install, they DO in fact require you to "drill or screw into the speakers cabinet." According to the included instructions anyway...

Not sure how it would sit but no way I would be drilling into the speakers.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
^^^ Since the originally sought KEF mounts required drilling, I figured this would not be a problem. In fact I can think of no mounts that won't need mounting screws, other than those powered monitors from Blue Sky, which have threaded inserts.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler /forum/post/19576299

^^^ Since the originally sought KEF mounts required drilling, I figured this would not be a problem. In fact I can think of no mounts that won't need mounting screws, other than those powered monitors from Blue Sky, which have threaded inserts.

Wow no kidding??? I had no idea!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The kef mounts for the Iq10 can be purchased at Onecall.com.You do not have to drill holes in the speakers,mine had threaded holes but they were hidden under the vinyl.you can poke them out with a pencil

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by p&j /forum/post/19629713

The kef mounts for the Iq10 can be purchased at Onecall.com.You do not have to drill holes in the speakers,mine had threaded holes but they were hidden under the vinyl.you can poke them out with a pencil

Do the Kef mounts tilt up and and down or just left and right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a slight up and down adjustment.The speakers naturally tilt down in the slot provided for the wing nut and bolt provided but you could make them more straight if desired.The mounts are quite nice for the price and fit the speaker like a glove.I bought a complete set of Kef with the front IQ50 center IQ60 and Iq10 for rears.I am extremely happy with all speakers but am most impressed with the IQ10

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm glad to hear that. I'm pretty sure my wife got them for me for Christmas.

I'm going to use them as my rear surrounds. If they sound anything like the rest of my Kef's I know I'll be happy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts