AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry but I haven't had the opportunity to compare the two speakers, and with both going on sale today at $500 a pair I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on Kef IQ50's vs Def Tech BP7004's? I planned on getting a Marantz SR5003 to run these and these will be my first speakers.

My viewing room is 22x17 and it opens into a kitchen which is 17x17. I am just starting my first system.. So if you have experience of knowledge of the two, please chime in. I will be using it about 75% movies/25% music. Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I found the deftechs biting on the high end and boomy on the lows,I just generally didn't like the sound. I've only heard the iq30's at a friends setup as a 5.1..they sounded clear and well balanced.So I didn't hear them at the same time or place in a eq'd situation, what I'm saying is only my impressions of the quality of sound of each, just my 2c....

·
Registered
129 Posts
I own the KEF iQ5's which are the year older of the 50's if I'm not mistaken.

I bought them first for my front's and absolutely loved them. I later switched them to my surrounds as I got a great deal on the iQ7's. There sound quality is awesome, they fill the room very well. They hit high notes very well, which is what I really like about them.

I run mine on a Onkyo TX-NR1008 and have had them as loud as I can handle without any loss in quality.

There not really getting put to full use as surrounds right now but it's what's best for my setup.

I hope this helps, and sorry if my terminology is a little off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts