AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently attempting to set up a modest 5.1 system in my apartment. As my living space is not large I was thinking about simply buying the Kef KHT 5005 5.1 setup, however I then noticed I could get a 5.1 Q series setup (with Q4 towers for fronts and Q1 rears and a PSW1000 sub,) for slightly less.

Does anyone have any opinions about either of these set ups? I plan to go and listen to each of them over the weekend, but any thoughts or opinions members may have would be welcomed. The KHT 5005 is more appealing to me given its compact nature, but I would like to hear what others think.

Any other recommendations in a similar price range? I really don't want to spend more, as this is just a temporary system until I leave Seoul in 2 or 3 years. I decided to try Kef's as I had a pair when I was in university and always loved the sound.

Thanks.

· Banned
5,866 Posts
Go for the Q series, perhaps the Q4's as you've mentioned, with the Q10C centre (I've never like the single Q driver budget centre speakers) I would look elseware for subs- I don't rate Kef subs that highly. Perhaps HSU or SVS.

The Kef 9000 ACE's are apparently very good.

If you like the Kef sound try Ruark, Rega & Castle speakers.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips fatbottom. I haven't seen the 9000 ACE's on any of the local websites or electronics stores...will keep my eyes open though. I think I might have trouble locating the subs you mentioned also...but I've heard many speak ill of kef subs, so I will approach with caution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.