AVS Forum banner

21081 - 21100 of 21153 Posts

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
I know some people here switched from the SVS SB2000 to the Kube 10b/12b and like the KEF subs better. Did anyone compare the SVS SB2000 Pro to the Kube 10b? I am currently deciding between the 2 and am really unsure about which one to get. Are there even any big differences between the SB2000 and SB2000 Pro?
A Kube 10b wouldn't likely be nearly as good as the new SB2000 Pro. The latter got a lot of improvements. I haven't been able to audition one yet, but perhaps I should take one home and compare to my SB2000.

The Kube 10b is a very different sub than the original SB2000. I find it to be far more articulate, more detailed in the sound quality of the output in the 40hz to 30hz range. Comparatively, the SB2000 sounded muddy, though it can do it louder.

Now I have a pair of the Kube 10b's and it's no contest. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
A Kube 10b wouldn't likely be nearly as good as the new SB2000 Pro. The latter got a lot of improvements. I haven't been able to audition one yet, but perhaps I should take one home and compare to my SB2000.

The Kube 10b is a very different sub than the original SB2000. I find it to be far more articulate, more detailed in the sound quality of the output in the 40hz to 30hz range. Comparatively, the SB2000 sounded muddy, though it can do it louder.

Now I have a pair of the Kube 10b's and it's no contest. :)
I'm definitely looking for more detailed sound quality and quick response and not one of those wall shaking home theater subs. Loudness and high output isn't very important since I have a small room (about 1700 cuft) and also neighbors. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying SB2000 Pro>Kube 10b>SB2000, however, you haven't tried the SB2000 Pro yet -- is that correct?

The sub would be part of a 5.1 setup with R5s, R2c and Q150s as surrounds.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I'm definitely looking for more detailed sound quality and quick response and not one of those wall shaking home theater subs. Loudness and high output isn't very important since I have a small room (about 1700 cuft) and also neighbors. If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying SB2000 Pro>Kube 10b>SB2000, however, you haven't tried the SB2000 Pro yet -- is that correct?

The sub would be part of a 5.1 setup with R5s, R2c and Q150s as surrounds.
Suggest you look at Rythmik, F12 for example. Known for being musical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Denon x3500h, KEF R7s, KEF Q650c, KEFQ150 surrounds, Dual Hsu VTF-3 MK5s
11 Posts
I had a terrible time with my Kube 10b. It would randomly make full volume noises. KEF tried to repair it twice at a cost of $90 shipping both times. I finally gave up on it and got a pair of Hsus. Can’t recommend Hsu subs enough. Probably just a fluke thing, but KEF customer service was really disappointing.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have original SB2000 and I'm very happy with it, and find it as musical as I've ever heard 30-40Hz be, which is to say it shakes the house, and is articulate for EDM basslines.

Having said that, I haven't heard the Kef subs. Personally I would trust SVS to be more reliable for a sub amp, like Doc21 mentioned, especially with people talking about problems with LS50 wireless inbuilt amps, etc.

I would also go Hsu or Rythmik over Kef for a sub, but those brands are difficult to get here in Australia.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would also go Hsu or Rythmik over Kef for a sub, but those brands are difficult to get here in Australia.
Same situation in Europe, unfortunately.

Maybe investing the additional $$$ for the SVS does make sense. It's not like I need to get a matching KEF subwoofer with KEF speakers anyway.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hey, first post here. I have a triplicate of Glossy LS50s, I usually participate in that dedicated forum. Used the originally bought pair in a dedicated audio room. But now plan to moved those plus a third into a new "lounge HT room", in other word, a 5.1.4 Atmos HT set-up in the family room :). Will have a bank of 4-15" subs directly underneath the LS50s, in a faux cabinet to hide when not in use. But want to do in walls and in ceilings for the surrounds (need to, as negotiated with the wife). What is the recommended KEF Atmos in wall/ceilings for a setup like this? The THX models are over the budget, any of the other models I can swing. Do any of these models have the ability to adjust the directivity?

I understand that the side and height surrounds should have the ability to point at the listening positions? Would another brand of speakers be better for this, and still match sonically (enough)?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Loos into the
Hey, first post here. I have a triplicate of Glossy LS50s, I usually participate in that dedicated forum. Used the originally bought pair in a dedicated audio room. But now plan to moved those plus a third into a new "lounge HT room", in other word, a 5.1.4 Atmos HT set-up in the family room :). Will have a bank of 4-15" subs directly underneath the LS50s, in a faux cabinet to hide when not in use. But want to do in walls and in ceilings for the surrounds (need to, as negotiated with the wife). What is the recommended KEF Atmos in wall/ceilings for a setup like this? The THX models are over the budget, any of the other models I can swing. Do any of these models have the ability to adjust the directivity?

I understand that the side and height surrounds should have the ability to point at the listening positions? Would another brand of speakers be better for this, and still match sonically (enough)?
Look into the KEF Q50a or R8a. Wall mountable and angled.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts

The Ci130QR/QS or Ci160QR/QS/QL would probably be a decent match as they're the step down models from the THX versions. They have pretty good off-axis dispersion so they don't have to be lined up directly with your primary seating area.

If you want something directional, you'll have to explore other brands.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
I know some people here switched from the SVS SB2000 to the Kube 10b/12b and like the KEF subs better. Did anyone compare the SVS SB2000 Pro to the Kube 10b? I am currently deciding between the 2 and am really unsure about which one to get. Are there even any big differences between the SB2000 and SB2000 Pro?
Well it depends on what you're going for. The Kube 10's are more accurate to me because I feel they have an easier time keeping up to the type of music I listen to. On the HT side of things, the SB-2000 will play deeper and have more output below 30hz. Note: The Kube 12 will likely be better for HT, but won't match the SB-2000. The latest SVS Pro series is said to be much improved, but I haven't heard it personally. If your setup is more music focused, Kef kube (get 2, trust me) will be good. If you're HT focused, don't even bother with sealed subs, go with the PB version.

Reactions: thorsten89

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Can someone give me feedback on the 350 for HT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In a small to medium size room at reasonable SPL levels you should expect a wide soundstage, great imaging and clear dialogue. A center and sub(s) are recommended.

Reactions: MeanMachine

·
Registered
8,385 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tool, Rush, Pink floyd, Iron Maiden.......along those lines.
I mostly listen to metal and rock as well so I definitely want a sub that can keep up with that kind of music. Maybe I should compare both of them at home. I would rather compromise on output and not be able to go as low than not having enough accuracy and speed for music. Getting 2 subwoofers could be problematic in my living room since I do not have a lot of space.

21081 - 21100 of 21153 Posts