AVS Forum banner

21981 - 22000 of 22075 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Was there anything hinting at this? I've not heard of any new Q series unless they plan on integrating the same Meta tech as the new LS50s.
The current q series came out at the end of 2017, so I don’t see anything new happening at least until next year. Despite that, I believe kef’s reference line has gone the longest without a refresh, so they might update that first. As for the q, not sure if they would put meta in that or reserve that tech for their higher lines. It’s possible because companies like b and w trickled down their continuum cone tech all the way from their 800 to their 600 series.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I can see a new Reference line with Meta's in it.
The Blade (not Blade 2) has been out at least a year longer. Imagine a slightly different shaped yet similar format speaker which in place of two of the four 9" drivers on the Blade, they used KF92 drivers & amp, and similarly used KC62 drivers on a smaller version. Is that out of the realm of possibilities?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
The Blade (not Blade 2) has been out at least a year longer. Imagine a slightly different shaped yet similar format speaker which in place of two of the four 9" drivers on the Blade, they used KF92 drivers & amp, and similarly used KC62 drivers on a smaller version. Is that out of the realm of possibilities?
I wouldn't be surprised if they used existing tech to do just that in the next version of the blades. Not sure if you saw this pic in the facebook group LS50 users but just for fun someone put an LS50 on top of a KC62 and it fits well enough that you could make your own decent pair of Blades by doing this on each speaker and crossing over at something like 150Hz, it wouldn't be cheap but still much cheaper than Blades.

165308561_10216381537325560_1189154966129703285_o.jpg

·
Registered
Monolith HTP-1, KEF LS50 Meta, 2x JL Audio e110s, Theta, PS Audio M700 amps, Theta CD,Kaleidescape
98 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they used existing tech to do just that in the next version of the blades. Not sure if you saw this pic in the facebook group LS50 users but just for fun someone put an LS50 on top of a KC62 and it fits well enough that you could make your own decent pair of Blades by doing this on each speaker and crossing over at something like 150Hz, it wouldn't be cheap but still much cheaper than Blades.

View attachment 3116442
Uhhhh... NO! (This is for humor...right?)

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Uhhhh... NO! (This is for humor...right?)
It wasn't serious but if you had a bigger base that could hold them, it would work very well for someone who wants a stereo setup and a higher crossover to allow the LS50 to play very loud without sub localization being a problem.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Reminds me of JBL's "poor-man's Salon 2" back in the day with the JBL PT800 stacked on a pair of subs.

I'd feel safer if the sub was strapped down to the stand though.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My partner always makes us watch TV at much lower volume than I would by myself, seemingly so she can talk uncontested during the parts I'm trying to hear. 😖

I've just ordered an R2C to replace my Q600, hopefully the money spent will show improvement in dialog intelligibility for TV shows and movies.

I can see R3, R5 or R7 in my future if it proves as good as it should be.

R2c sure is a nice looking speaker...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gents, I'm a newbee here and asking for your expert opinion. Current setup i have:

Onkyo TX-NR696 Receiver
LG 65" TV
KEF iQ5 SE front
KEF iQ10 rear
KEF iQ 6C center

the room is relatively big and a system is used primarily for watching movies. Would it make sense to change the fronts for something bigger?
Currently thinking of iQ9C? Or better just add a sub?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Gents, I'm a newbee here and asking for your expert opinion. Current setup i have:

Onkyo TX-NR696 Receiver
LG 65" TV
KEF iQ5 SE front
KEF iQ10 rear
KEF iQ 6C center

the room is relatively big and a system is used primarily for watching movies. Would it make sense to change the fronts for something bigger?
Currently thinking of iQ9C? Or better just add a sub?
Thanks guys!
A Sub or 2 should always be your first priority if you don't have one at all.

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
room opened from one side, 5x6 meters. HT focused.
That's a good size room. SVS SB2000 x 2 of them then. You could take a chance on the the SVS 3000 micro x 2 also.

Sounds like a lot of money but dual will help immensely. Given the new micro is the newest and greatest, you may find deals on slightly used SB2000 or don't specify gloss black and stick to the basic black wood finish.

Reactions: Yuriksat

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's a good size room. SVS SB2000 x 2 of them then. You could take a chance on the the SVS 3000 micro x 2 also.

Sounds like a lot of money but dual will help immensely. Given the new micro is the newest and greatest, you may find deals on slightly used SB2000 or don't specify gloss black and stick to the basic black wood finish.
Thanks a million for for such a detailed answer, will give it a try :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
21981 - 22000 of 22075 Posts