AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i'm having trouble getting my sub to actually make a sound, its refusing to make any noise!

My KEF sub is connected to a Denon AV surround receiver AVR-2803 with a high def pc-ofc interconnect cable for digital stereo hi fi/home theatre. the other speakers all work but not the sub. The led on the sub goes green when i connect the wire to one of the 2 line in sockets but it doesn't do anything.

The set up was in the flat when i bought it, so i have no instruction manuals. Presumeably it all works.The sub was the only hing not connected so i'm guessing the previous owner may have rmoved the neccessary cables when he left...

i've taken some snaps to show how its all connected. can anyone advise if the sub is wired up correctly?

·
Registered
16,944 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/15536375

To what size do you have the speakers set in the receiver? Are both source devices connected via 2-channel analog connections? Why? Is this a 2.1 setup? And what is that middle component?

Denon instruction manuals are available online.

And here is your sub's manual.

thanks for the manuals.

unfortunately i don't understand your questions, i'm totally new to audio equipment. i'll try to read up stuff so i can understand what you're asking me. thx for your help so far though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have had a look at the manuals and i've got it wired up correctly, you can see from the pics ive got the wire going into the right hole but no joy. Can no one spot whats wrong?

·
Registered
16,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mullah /forum/post/15541084

Can no one spot whats wrong?

Not from pictures. Provided the sub IS functioning properly, it could be any number of things. A setting in your receiver, for example. To what size are the speakers set? What are the speakers? Based upon the pictures, it appears that the system is a 2-channel system with a subwoofer, correct? With analog connections, the original owner may have left the speakers st to LARGE and may have been connecting the subwoofer to the receiver's front channel pre-outs. You may want to try a digital connection from the player. although it shouldn't be necessary. What model number is that player, btw?

You didn't answer the questions I asked in post#2, but if you will answer those and the ones here in this post, we can get rolling with troubleshooting your issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts