AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running Kef 3001 Centers as L/R/C and I am looking to upgrade to x3 Kef R200c, or should I go with a pair R300's with a R200c Center
Has anyone run this configuration.
I am looking at the spec, and since they are all going to match, then it should be a great Front setup.

I will be driving this from a Denon X6200W, also I will be adding a pair of Kef R50 atmos speakers to create a 6.1.2. Remaining setup is 3 Kef eggs for the surrounds along with a PSW2500 Sub

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I am currently running Kef 3001 Centers as L/R/C and I am looking to upgrade to x3 Kef R200c, or should I go with a pair R300's with a R200c Center
Has anyone run this configuration.
I am looking at the spec, and since they are all going to match, then it should be a great Front setup.

I will be driving this from a Denon X6200W, also I will be adding a pair of Kef R50 atmos speakers to create a 6.1.2. Remaining setup is 3 Kef eggs for the surrounds along with a PSW2500 Sub
The r200c is basically an r500 with the cabinet chopped in half and laid on its side. For a couple bucks more you could get a pair of r500 as L/R and potentially get better performance overall. Either may be overkill though if you have a decent enough subwoofer.

I'm currently running LS50 and L/R and r200c at center and it sounds great. I think you'd be happy with any of R300, R500, or R200c at L/R with the r200c center.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The r200c is basically an r500 with the cabinet chopped in half and laid on its side. For a couple bucks more you could get a pair of r500 as L/R and potentially get better performance overall. Either may be overkill though if you have a decent enough subwoofer.

I'm currently running LS50 and L/R and r200c at center and it sounds great. I think you'd be happy with any of R300, R500, or R200c at L/R with the r200c center.
I looked at the R500, but their size make placement difficult, which was why I am looking at the R200c's. Your take that they are R500 in a smaller cabinet, was my take also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have LS50's as L/R and a R200c for center and it sounds awesome. I'm still undecided on what to do for the surround upgrade and atmos, in the meantime I'm using kef 3001 eggs.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I'm also have LS50 as L/R and R200c for center and it sounds awesome. I'm still undecided on what to do for the surround upgrade and atmos, in the meantime I'm using kef 3001 eggs.
I'm using my old 3001 satellites as surround and height speakers as well in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Three identical speakers LCR across the front is the ideal. You don't hear about it much because in most HT setups it's not practical for space reasons - hence the creation of horizontal center speakers for home use. Considering that three R200c's LCR would be an excellent choice.

That being said ... because of the KEF UniQ driver (essentially a co-axial driver) their horizontal centers are a step up from much of the competition. Also worth noting that all the R series (except the R100) use the same UniQ so they match exceptionally well in the mids and highs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts