AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to install the 101 or 301 on my ceiling for atmos. They Will be used with a marantz 7009 as top middle speakers. Is there a big difference between the 2 for this setup? I hope Someone can help because I want to order and install them next week :)
My other speakers are teufel thx select 2 monopole speakers with 2 thx subwoofers and a buttkicker lfe.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi,

I want to install the 101 or 301 on my ceiling for atmos. They Will be used with a marantz 7009 as top middle speakers. Is there a big difference between the 2 for this setup? I hope Someone can help because I want to order and install them next week :)
My other speakers are teufel thx select 2 monopole speakers with 2 thx subwoofers and a buttkicker lfe.

Thanks in advance
i mate i too want to use these for atmos but wondering can these be mounted in the ceiling? do you own these yet? because from the diagram i can see that there are 2 holes which you slide in to attach the speakers on the wall bracket but im not sure if the speaker will hang tightly upside down?
i emailed kef and all they said to me was these were not designed for ceiling mount but didnt confirm if i can mount these or not.
rather they wanted me to buy more expensive ceiling speakers which i cant install. im limited to kef t series for ceiling mount.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I haven't bought them yet because I am hesitating between the 101 and 301. I am afraid the 101's aren't good enough and I can't find Someone who can check if these are strong enough for a marantz 7009 and my other teufel thx select2 speakers.

You can put them on your ceiling,you can check this link:

http://www.hifi-and-friends.de/en/dolby-atmos-in-our-showrooms/

Greetings and let me know what you are going to do!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi,

I haven't bought them yet because I am hesitating between the 101 and 301. I am afraid the 101's aren't good enough and I can't find Someone who can check if these are strong enough for a marantz 7009 and my other teufel thx select2 speakers.

You can put them on your ceiling,you can check this link:

http://www.hifi-and-friends.de/en/dolby-atmos-in-our-showrooms/

Greetings and let me know what you are going to do!
thanks mate i will be ordering 9 kef t301 for 5.1.4 atmos this will be great and very neat for ceiling speakers.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think this Will be great. 9 x 301,I think you won the lottery. '������

Greetings
i didnt win the lottery lol, just got a good deal at the moment, in the uk it is very expensive but if i buy it from germany it works out half price!!! i would never pay original price for these but at half price i think they are worth it and wife friendly. and will look great as atmos speakers. this is for my bedroom so cant have big boxes, i may be getting behringer b212xl to try since i read some great reviews but my wife is pushing me for the kefs, so i guess i will have to sacrifice sound quality with looks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi,

Thanks in advance
by the way forgot to ask did you end up installing these on the ceiling? and do i need to make any modification to keep it stuck up there? i know in the link you provided shows them mounted. would i mount it as if im mounting it on the wall?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way forgot to ask did you end up installing these on the ceiling? and do i need to make any modification to keep it stuck up there? i know in the link you provided shows them mounted. would i mount it as if im mounting it on the wall?
Hi,

I am still waiting for my delivery from amazon. I am pretty sure you can mount them on a ceiling without modifications. I read this on another german forum I believe. I Will let you know when I receive them.

Greetings

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi,

I am still waiting for my delivery from amazon. I am pretty sure you can mount them on a ceiling without modifications. I read this on another german forum I believe. I Will let you know when I receive them.

Greetings
which ones did you order? im thinking 4x t 101 on the ceiling will be enough as im going to use monitor audio mass as the front and surrounds.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok please let me know when you get them, do you have a link to that german forum, i dont mind having a look about mounting on ceiling.
Hi,

I just received my 301's. They look great,now I need to find time to attach them on my ceiling.

Greetings

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bumping an old thread, this is exactly what I am leaning towards doing. I have to find 2 pairs of white T301's to mount to the ceiling. Problem is there isn't a KEF dealer near me to listen to them..........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts