AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will write a non bias comparison later on in this week but I thought I would post my first impressions after listening to them for about an hour. I am really impressed. I am very picky about my speakers which is why I've gone through so many and this is probably the best monitor I have heard in my house so far. Man they are just really open and detailed. I've been ABing songs and movies between the Kef's and my Rocket 450's and I am really enjoying what I hear.

· Registered
1,084 Posts
great choice in color, gloss black didn't do them justice. I though my older xq1 has better imaging than my xq5 towers. I heard the new xq40 towers at pacific sales and i thought they were very nice but i didn't like the gloss black look.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS Vector, how did you do that.

After listening to these for a day I really love the sense of atmosphere that these speakers produce. I can close my eyes and be in the middle of the jazz club. Really rich mid range and the off axis is fantastic. More of an airy feel which is great for music. The Rockets in comparison have smoother highs and stronger lows but not quite as much detail. The Rockets are just a great all around speakers. I believe the Rockets are better with movies, but in my opinion that's what they were built for. For music the xq10's are reminding me of why I love certain cd's. I've missed that since I sold my Sierra 1's. I never thought I would find a monitor I like more than the Sierra 1's for the money but these do it for me. Not as much bass but is that really relevant with all the sub everyone totes around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.