AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any info on Ken Fowler and his disaperance?

Steve Pelchat

------------------

Steve P

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Ken disappeared from this forum abruptly over a year ago (around May of 2000 I think). At the time many people had been in email contact with him, sometimes on a daily basis and then suddenly all lost contact with him. Repeated questions in these forums about what happened to him never did result in a reasonable answer. It is impossible for me to believe he intentionally walked away from his passion so abruptly, so I remain very curious what happened to him.

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

·
Registered
284 Posts
In regards to missing persons, what the hell ever happened to Steve Tannaheil of The DVD Resource Page?

The guy seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

------------------

My current entertainment setup:

Panasonic 27" TV, Toshiba SD-3109 DVD Player (connected via S-Video), Aiwa Dolby Pro Logic Mini-Surround System, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation 2...(and more to come!)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
A few of us who had emailed him regarding his disapearence from the forums received the following 'form' email on July 1, 2000. This is the last I heard from him.

===========

Thanks for your concern-- I am alive and kicking. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif I took a small

vacation and then undertook a move. Only in the past few days have I

completed unpacking my computer and equipment, and am now in the process

of sorting through a backlog (1600) of email messages and

re-installation of a DSL Internet connection.

I should be back to a 'regular' level of participation towards the

middle of next week.

Kind regards,

Ken

------------------

John Golitsis

Next Big Thing Electronics

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada www.nbtelectronics.com

[This message has been edited by JohnnyG (edited 07-13-2001).]

·
Registered
307 Posts
Quote:
In regards to missing persons, what the hell ever happened to Steve Tannaheil of The DVD Resource Page?
Steve is a moderator on the Home Theater Forum.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I still have the UHF antenna that Ken brought over to my house to try out. He never came back for it, or responded to calls or emails.

Steve T. is alive and well acting as an administrator at www.hometheaterforum.com. He has stopped updating his web site however.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have noticed a Ken_F that has posted on the HomeTheater Forum and also over at DBSTalk.com but I'm not sure if it is the same one. It's a shame because I remember Ken when I first joined AVS in 1999/2000 and he was a great resource and was one of the reasons why I stayed at AVS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.