AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
HD and it looks really good. ESPN 720p is not quite as eye-poppingly sharp as say CBS 1080i, but the relative lack of compression and interlacing artifacts makes for a very salivating image. Even with a little less detail. But it still has an incredibly impressive amount of detail compared to SD.

Andrew

·
Registered
514 Posts
Eh.....it looks better than this afternoon's CBS game to me. Probably is the lighting that makes tonights game "look better" to me than this afternoon's CBS game. I said it in today's other thread and I will say it here - HDnet's college football picture seems the richest PQ of the "major" netwroks out there.

The last really good CBS football game that I saw was the NFL conference final game. Today's effort was good yes - the best CBS has ever done? No.

Michael.

·
Registered
912 Posts
There are some flaws in the PQ, but I'm thrilled that UK is making a game ofi it. For Anderson to get that INT in the end zone is huge. Let's hope Alabama doesn't run away with it in the second half.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by McPatrickClan
There are some flaws in the PQ, but I'm thrilled that UK is making a game ofi it. For Anderson to get that INT in the end zone is huge. Let's hope Alabama doesn't run away with it in the second half.
What flaws do you see?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFister
I think tonight's game looks softer than most of their others. Shots of the crowd are not as impressive as in the past.
It looks to be on par with ESPN and ABC's other recent efforts. IMO light years ahead of that crap ABC put on the air during the NHL and NBA finals.

Andrew

·
Registered
787 Posts
that bottom line thing is a pain in the butt. can't stand it!

anyone agree?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
For those experiencing audio dropouts tonight (like me) with the DTC-100, I've been told it's still a work in progress, but things are moving forward. Both DirecTV & RCA are cooperating to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Let me just add...I really, really wish that tech-fsu game was in HD. It's getting to be kinda wierd that this matchup is providing very consistently high level of play.

Darius

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by MrFister

I think tonight's game looks softer than most of their others. Shots of the crowd are not as impressive as in the past.

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_Ballew
It looks to be on par with ESPN and ABC's other recent efforts.

Andrew
Wrong. Past games have been much better and did you see tonight's Sunday Night Football. Just no comparison on my TV.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Quote:
that bottom line thing is a pain in the butt. can't stand it!
Agreed here too.

I'm sending ESPN.com another letter asking them to stop the permanent crawl on HD broadcasts. Please help the cause.

http://espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

-Reagan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.