AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently trying a kenwood 5700 to replace a Denon 2800 which had severe stuttering. I turned down the edge enhancement to zero and had the dcdi on.

I noticed multiple episodes of a more' effect when watching Captain Corelli's Mandolin. They occurred during the bright scenes of the village or of the fields. They occurred each time I played the scenes.

I re-read Shoot outs and noticed that the 5700 did not do well on the WMM test when switching from video to film mode. So I checked Titanic and the Apollo 13 extra (the making of) and I did not see any defects on either of these tests which were mentioned in shoot outs as examples of 3:2 video/film detection problems.

Stacey, was the more' effect on Corelli's Mandolin an example of a problem with the film/video cadence? Will this also happen then with other dvd's when played on the 5700?

While I did not like the chroma error on the Denon2800, the video image was pleasing and the more' effect on the Mandolin was more objectionable than chroma.......Any thoughts?

The Saint

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.