AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues displaying cover art images when playing mp3 files from a usb drive using the kenwood ddx812? The songs themselves always play fine. I have dowloaded cover art with .jpg extension and placed it into the same folder as the mp3 files. Then I have edited the mp3 metadata (specifically the cover art tag) with atleast two different programs (mediamonkey and tag&rename). When playing back files from that directory sometimes the cover art image will show up sometimes it wont. I've seen it show up on all files in a directory. On none of the files and on only the first file but none of the subsequent files. I have updated the database in the ddx812 by pressing the db button many times. That doesn't seem to make any difference. I have a feeling the files are tagged correctly because when I tag the cover art with the mp3 metadata ALL mp3 players that can display cover art show the cover art properly. The only device that doesn't display the cover art properly is the ddx812.

Am I doing something wrong when tagging the files? I've looked on other forums but none that I have seen have come up with a definitive solution for this.

Also I know the ddx812 will NOT play flac or apple lossless files via the usb. Does anyone know if either of these file formats, or any lossless file formats are supported when playing back via ipod?

·
Registered
610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilewsk /forum/post/15559540

Has anyone else had issues displaying cover art images when playing mp3 files from a usb drive using the kenwood ddx812? The songs themselves always play fine. I have dowloaded cover art with .jpg extension and placed it into the same folder as the mp3 files. Then I have edited the mp3 metadata (specifically the cover art tag) with atleast two different programs (mediamonkey and tag&rename). When playing back files from that directory sometimes the cover art image will show up sometimes it wont. I've seen it show up on all files in a directory. On none of the files and on only the first file but none of the subsequent files. I have updated the database in the ddx812 by pressing the db button many times. That doesn't seem to make any difference. I have a feeling the files are tagged correctly because when I tag the cover art with the mp3 metadata ALL mp3 players that can display cover art show the cover art properly. The only device that doesn't display the cover art properly is the ddx812.

Am I doing something wrong when tagging the files? I've looked on other forums but none that I have seen have come up with a definitive solution for this.

Also I know the ddx812 will NOT play flac or apple lossless files via the usb. Does anyone know if either of these file formats, or any lossless file formats are supported when playing back via ipod?

You need to embed the covers. http://www.geektonic.com/2008/02/aut...-to-large.html

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the post but it looks like what that web site is calling "embedding" is the same thing as when I edited the metadata to "tag" the file with the .jpg cover art. Has anyone else actually tried this and gotten it to work on all of your files with this head unit?

·
Registered
610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilewsk /forum/post/15577218

Thanks for the post but it looks like what that web site is calling "embedding" is the same thing as when I edited the metadata to "tag" the file with the .jpg cover art. Has anyone else actually tried this and gotten it to work on all of your files with this head unit?

I've used this method with my DDX812. If you have good cover files it should work with every song.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had this problem on my DNX 8120. They displayed fine when using the iPod, but with the USB they did not display. There is something different in how it reads the album art tags. What I had to do was go into each mp3 file and copy the art to a folder, and then I deleted the album art from the mp3 file. I then went back and copied the same .jpg file into the same mp3 that it was in before. Now it showed up. I don't know what is happening here, but it worked. Use a different program to re-tag the files. Mp3 tag seems to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts