AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I bought an entre and need to know how to hook up a display monitor. Would like to use it to move my CD collection to MP3 player. Can I just use it or do I need Kenwood receiver too. I think the owners manual to a nuclear reactor would be simpler than the one for entre. Thanks

·
23,031 Posts
It looks like the Entre has analog video intended to for a TV not a computer monitor. You'll need a converter for either VGA or digital video connections to a computer display. Seems like a pretty heavy handed way to just get CDs ripped to a MP3 player.

larry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply ! I guess a TV with S-video will work. Will the Entre send everything through that cable ? I agree on tough way to rip CDs. Will probably just use desktop but would kinda be nice to put some music on the Entres memory also . I didn't give much for it so if nothing else its a CD player. I will say again, I have never seen such an owners manual. Thanks again, Dave.

·
23,031 Posts
Yes, any TV or monitor that accepts composite, s-video, or component video (YPbPr) should work. I'm assuming you just want the display for Entre functions, menus, etc. ? If so, you should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts