AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hooked this receiver up and the left channel works intermittently. It takes some finessing of the volume knob to get it to play cleanly out of both channels. The right channel is fine. Once the volume knob is "tuned" the unit works great.

Is this something I can open up and see something is wrong? Any ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
The KR7400 is a good old, stereo receiver from the 70s and uses a conventional volume control. Sounds like it needs kleening, run down to Radio Shack and get a can of contact kleener. Next take the 7400 top cover off, and using the tube extension of the contact kleener shoot some inside the volume control. Turn the control several times and spray again, also not a bad idea to spray the other controls as well such as the balance, bass and treble. Typical problem is the accumulation dust/junk inside the controls..

Just my $0.02..

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebrock
It worked like a charm! Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out what the bulbs are that light up the radio frequencies.
Excellant..

Pls forward your email so I can send my PayPal invoice..

Regarding the lights, I think the 7400 took the fuse type bulbs they are shaped like a 3AG/AGC fuse. Pull the top cover and take one out, they are available on-line..

Or maybe @ Radio Shack..

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought I was the only person with one of those working, actually mine has never needed anything in 35 years. I keep waiting for it to die but at this point I'm starting to think that I will be going first... I'm actually on avs trying to find a new av receiver recommendation to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.