AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kenwood VR-5080, for some reason i cannot seem to pass high definition signals through the component in to the monitor out component...

e.g. my xbox will not push the signal through the amp to my projector... any ideas?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Hmmm, Has it worked in the past? Are you sure you are selecting the proper video source on the receiver IE, DVD/Video3?

I have never had a problem with my 5700 or my 5090. And I dont think there was a way to turn it on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i recall attempting it in the past, and it didnt work... seems strange should just pass teh feed right through :/

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know for a fact that the VR-5080 does not have sufficient bandwidth to support an HD signal. The bandwidth is somewhere in the area of 10MHz.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just looked at the user's guide and it dosen't even mention HD television. TM 1221 is right. Your receiver wasn't designed to handle HD. 10Mhz is right on the button. Time to start shopping.

David

·
Registered
606 Posts
I can't find the bandwidth mentioned in the user's guide of the units you mentioned. Where is the 40Mhz info coming from? These are older units so I'd be surprised that they'd be HD ready and not mention it.

David

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wondering if you guys could help me out. I have the Kenwood Sovereign VR-5090 and I just purchased the HSU STF-3 Subwoofer. I am trying to figure out how to set the crossover level on my receiver. The Kenwood manual mentions nothing so I am thinking it isn't possible with the 5090. If I can't set the crossover on my receiver, I guess I am stuck with using the crossover dial on my sub, which I hear is not ideal. Is that true.

Please help a newbie, thanks. :(

·
Registered
606 Posts
I don't have the manual in front of me but I'd bet the receiver has the crossover set to 80hz like most other Kenwoods. I can check it later tonight if no one else chimes in. You should have the crossover on the Hsu turned all the way up.

David

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks David, It would be great if you could check that. Like I said, I didn't see it in my manual but I may have skipped over it.

Two follow up questions:

Regardless of whether the crossover is set at 80hz or 100Hz , it doesn't sound like I can adjust it. Correct?

I'm confused about why I want to turn the crossover dial on my sub all the way up. Is it so my receiver takes care of crossover control?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFUN
Thanks David, It would be great if you could check that. Like I said, I didn't see it in my manual but I may have skipped over it. Two follow up questions:

Regardless of whether the crossover is set at 80hz or 100Hz , it doesn't sound like I can adjust it. Correct?

I'm confused about why I want to turn the crossover dial on my sub all the way up. Is it so my receiver takes care of crossover control?
On the first page of "setting up speakers," under #6, it states the crossover is fixed at 80hz if you set the subwoof to "on."

You're correct on your other two questions.

David

·
Registered
22 Posts
No wonder I couldn't find the answer in the manual. All I have is the "User's Guide" which is pretty much useless.

I have had my receiver for over 3 years and have never seen the manual you were referring to. I wonder if it was in the box and I accidentally threw it away. I always thought the User Guide sucked. I just found the "Connection and Setup Guide" on the net. I could have used it a few years ago!!!

Yep there it is, 80 Hz. Thanks!

AC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.