AVS Forum banner

Kevin Can F**k Himself on AMC

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  WilliamR 
#1 ·
Suprised I didn't find a thread on this show given that it seems a little buzzworthy. The premiere was interesting, albeit very weird. I'm undecided so far as to whether the premise (1/2 goofy multi-cam sitcom about a lovable slob, 1/2 serious prestige drama about his unappreciated wife's dark side) fully works, but I will say that the sitcom aspect of it is more convincing than WandaVision, which had a similar meta gimmick. I could believe that this was an actual crappy sitcom that has run on CBS for ten years. The jokes were lame, but were very much of the same quality as those shows. Whereas the "sitcom" in WandaVision was far too arch and never felt like a real TV show.

I'm not sure if this premise can sustain itself for more than one season, or if it's even meant to. We'll see how the next few episodes go.

#11 ·
I've seen the first two episodes, and for now I'm planning to keep watching. Very different from anything else out there. From the initial descriptions, I thought it was going to be about the person who played the wife in the dumb sitcom, and how she was having trouble coping with the role she had to play. No, the actual premise is even weirder than that.
Doesn't look like my cup of tea. Watching the previews I didn't laugh once nor did it grab my attention. I think I will pass.
As for laughing, I really don't think that's what they were going for. As for grabbing your attention, fair enough. It's definitely not for everyone!

#8 ·
He did, he started the thread and gave a decent summary. That was followed by off topic nonsense about the name. I think it's fair to get back on topic.

#15 ·
Well, I'm still watching and interested to see where they go with this. It could be a dud, but it could have potential. Just in case anyone else actually is watching and wants to comment, can you keep in mind that the episodes available for streaming are a week behind what's been broadcast, and spoiler-tag the newer stuff? Thanks!

#16 ·
FYI.

New episodes are released a week early on the AMC+ streaming service before they air on the AMC broadcast channel. Episode 5, which will air Sunday, July 11th on AMC broadcast channel is available on AMC+ streaming now.

Your spoiler-tag suggestion applies, but more for someone viewing via AMC+ streaming.

#22 ·
I'm kind of surprised that it was renewed, since buzz for the show largely petered out before it was over. But the season ended without any real resolution, so hopefully the next season can build toward something.

Reactions: allargon
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.