AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Key Digital CTC2 converting the 480P component output of my Denon 2800 DVD player & feeding my NEC 9PG crt projector. The CTC has a pot that alters horizontal picture position and brightness (in manual detect mode only). In auto mode the picture was way too bright and streaky. Setting 480P manually and tweaking the pot resulted in acceptable brightness / contrast but created a new problem - brightness modulation. Depending on what is in the picture (scene content) the brightness changes significantly. This is a major problem in a scene where the camera pans or a new person enters the frame. Any idea what's going on? Or any recommendations for better transcoders?

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
This may or may not be relevant, but I had a not-dissimilar brightness issue when running my XBOX 480p via the transcoder to my Runco DTV930, and I found that the projector was mis-identifying the signal as separate synch, when in fact it was synch-on-green. When I forced the projector to synch-on-green, the brightness fell to the correct level, and I didn't have to play with the pot at all.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.