AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the option to buy a Key digital isync for $500

Just looking for some feedback about the units how they stack up with whats out there now if its worth looking into buying it over the Edge and the

upcoming Gefen GTV-HTS-PRO?

Will I benefit from the Isync's video processing capabilities with my particular setup ?

I'm running JVC-RS1 thru a Sony 3400ES The VP chip on the Sony does a pretty nice job definitely can see an improvement up scaling. I watch a lot of DishNet SD and HD and just keep the Sony set to upscales everything to 1080p except when I'm watching a BR DVD.

·
Registered
655 Posts
was holding out finding a DVDO HD+, but found a Key Logic HDMI 4x1 for a good deal so I took the plunge on it instead today.

still too early to give a positive or negative. With this new device, I need to calibrate the TV again and probably calibrate all the output settings on the Key Logic.

things are sharper but the colours are off and I will have to learn to calibrate since my settings were what I found from the web and various reviews when I didn't have the scaler.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I believe Key Digital processors do not accept 1080p. Their processors are a bit behind times & the info on the website is very inconsistent. I have tried ISync HD(introduced noise in the picture) & HDMI 4X1 scaler/switcher(lot of judder). YMMV.

·
Registered
655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk /forum/post/15484085

I believe Key Digital processors do not accept 1080p. Their processors are a bit behind times & the info on the website is very inconsistent. I have tried ISync HD(introduced noise in the picture) & HDMI 4X1 scaler/switcher(lot of judder). YMMV.

a few more hours last night and getting a better feel for the product (settings and getting the Harmony programed)

Still not calibrated properly so not much to add there.

FYI - I use a 1080p sony panel.

it definitely is an improvement in my cable TV. Less macroblocking. there were a few errors but nothing overly annoying and easily fixed. The Blu-Ray is now feeding it 1080i and I haven't noticed any degradation in the picture even though the KD doesn't accept 1080p (biggest issue is still calibration). Key Digital mentioned that the de-interlace is BETTER than the built in one on the player and TV. DVD upconvert in the blu-ray is noticeably improved also now.

It's not like I'm going out and buying a DVDO VP50 or edge to compare. At the price I paid it was a great value to experiment with a processor.

I'll be hooking up a DVD player for dedicated upconvert and my AppleTV this week when I buy a few more HDMI cables.

-------------

UPDATE: talking again with Key digital, they adamantly suggest running 1080i from the Blu-ray to the KD scaler and 1080p to the TV. Most 1080p output on a blu-ray (except for 1080/24) is really 1080i that was scaled up to 1080p.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodk /forum/post/15484085

Does the dvdo vp30 accept 1080p?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.