Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

We have been very busy with HD Leeza and Pioneer card as far as completing the design, development and manufacturing. I do apologies for not responding.

It is with great sadness, I must inform everyone, who has been patiently waiting for the ship dates of both products, that HD Leeza and Pioneer card are NOT performing to our STANDARD of PQ on HD scaling.

The ship dates have been moved to unspecified time. Unspecified because, we do not want to make any more dates, that we will not be able to hold. However, I will know closer dates as we get at CES.

If you have placed a purchase order with your dealer and you are no longer willing to wait for HD Leeza or Pioneer card, I had informed all dealers to provide refunds back to customers no questions asked. If you need my assistance, or have any questions please mailto:[email protected]

We apologies for all the inconviniences that we had caused!

Thank you

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
I told everybody that neither of these products would be shipping by Christmas back in September. Sure enough, here is the first announcement confirming that fact. Now, all we are waiting for is Tom at Immersive to make a similar announcement so we can all move forward and enjoy the holidays without a scaler:)

MIKE: Thanks for the update, I know alot of people had been asking me to come over for the beta testing of the HD Leeza and I had no idea when to reply, now we all know it will take some more time. When it is avaialable for me to beta test, I will get back to all of those who PM'ed me and make a date for reviewing the product. Good Luck Mike!

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
I know these people very well and I am certain they will honor and extend any current Leeza owners to upgrade anytime, as soon as the HD Leeza becomes available. It only makes sense that if the release date is pushed back, so should the sign in dates.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
:(

I guess it was inevitable.

Ericbee,

About Immersive, since the aSimilator release date was scheduled for "late November" (at least that's what the website said, last time I checked), I guess it's also delayed :(

·
Registered
842 Posts

Originally posted by ericbee
Now, all we are waiting for is Tom at Immersive to make a similar announcement so we can all move forward and enjoy the holidays without a scaler:)

And concede to the likes of you Eric....Never!!!!!! :D

All in jest my friend....I'd hate to be added to your "people-Eric-will-beat-up-at-CES list". ;)

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Well, as Ofer said, you are already late in delivering on your websites "end of November" ship date. Whether or not you concede, you are already late. MY prediction was NOT before Christmas so, we shall see.

I have no intention of beating anyone up at CES..well maybe 1 or 2 guys but, you Tom are definitely not one of them. I love you man! Looks like you may get your scaler out before KD which would definitely be an advantage for your company and it's product.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ericbee
I have no intention of beating anyone up at CES..well maybe 1 or 2 guys but, you Tom are definitely not one of them. I love you man!
Are you sure you don't want to go just a few rounds? ;) I mean it would be sooo good for ratings! :) What would an AVS meet be without a little drama and controversy. You know, they ought to change the name of this forum to "As the Stomach Turns". Its like a soap opera up here....hey wait a minute....maybe that is how I can get my wife into HT?...the ole' "its a soap opera honey" trick. But I digress.....

See you at CES! :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
michael: Sorry to hear about the delay, but all good things are worth waiting for.

If the extra time gives you any chance to revisit feature requests, I'd like to again request that you enable a single component-in to accept both standard def (480i) and high-def sources. Between my HD sat receiver's native mode, my Xbox, and my standard def DVD changer all on the same component switch, this would make life much much easier.

Thanks!

-james

·
Registered
360 Posts
Jamesmil: Mike T. at KeyDigital said that they will include SD on the HD component input. So it will accept 480i..

·
Registered
360 Posts
James Bond: in the first original specs of the HD leeza, the SD component input would only accept 480i and the HD component input would ONLY accept 480p,720p and 1080i.

A bunch of people wrote key about it, and they said they would add the 480i to the HD component input.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Considering the great upgrade deal and the primo customer service Key is giving me I'll wait until.........hell, I'll just wait.:cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I applaud Key Digital for being honest with us and letting us know that there will be delays. Better to measure twice and CUT ONCE! I'll wait! Mike at KD--- TAKE YOUR TIME!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
cclear:

I'm also interested in having one component input which will accept all resolutions. My Sony HD-100 satellite receiver has an auto switching function which I use with my 503. It just needs one set of cables and it works well.

I’m not interested in complicating my system with component switchers, so this would be a great feature on the Pio card.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I emailed Mike T. about that some time ago, asking if they would add the ability to accept 480i signal on the HD component input(along with 480p, 720p and 1080i) and he responed saying that it would ship with that ability. ( makes sense, you need that for the Xbox, PS2, D-VHS or other things that need both SD and HD on one component input.)

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Anyone with a JVC 30K will want the HD input to accept 480i, because the &[email protected]$ menus are in 480i. So as soon as you press stop, it goes back to 480i and my projector won't sync to that, which makes it a huge PITA to use. It's not that my projector doesn't sync to it even, it that's it goes off into uncontrol raster la-la land if you feed it a 480i signal. Since I'm using the standard Leeza now, and the HD input is just passthrough, I have to deal with this all the time and it drives me crazy. If I stop it to go to the little boys room or answer the phone, I have to move the Leeza off of that input so that the Dwin doesn't slowly self destruct, and then move back to that input when I come back.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If true, thats really great news (btw, the reason many devices such as the Xbox and the JVC30k drop down to 480i mode in menus is to protect people who can't display 480p from accidentally setting that option then never being able to see their menus again...).

Now all that's left is the wait, and I for one am willing to keep waiting if it means the quality improves.

Thanks,

-james

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.