Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

KDS would like to somehow make up for the late release of HD Leeza. This offering was blessed by our dealers.

Flash Matrix (KD-MSW8x3) Matrix Switcher, Retail $1499 your 1 time cost $499 (includes ship price is USA, to other countries ship costs paid by enduser)
http://www.keydigital.com/detail.asp...t_ID=KD-MSW8x3

Rules of the game:

1. 1 Time Offer directly to enduser ONLY.

2. Must have on order HD Leeza VIA our dealer. Digital Leeza owners automatically qualify, who took advantage of HD Leeza upgrade.

3. Must fax proof of deposit ($500) for HD Leeza, receipt with dealers name, address, tel and contact name for confirmation and your name and credit card information to 718-796-6664 or mailto:[email protected]

4. This unit will be shipped within 3 days of receipt of your order, as long as we are able to verify that in fact you have a unit on order.

5. If you take advantage of this offer, you will not be able to cancel HD Leeza purchase from dealer afterwards. You will have to wait until April 1st, 2003 (this is just a precautionary date) before cancelling your order on HD Leeza, or dealer has the right to keep your ($500) deposit.

6. All orders must be received by January 31, 2003. This offer expires January 31, 2003.

I am sure that i missed something, so please indulge me.

Once again, on behalf of KDS staff we appreceiate your patience on this issue. We'll see you at CES!

Happy Holidays!

Thank you

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It means they are reserving the right not to ship the HD Leeza until April and trying to discourage people from canceling their orders.

I think given what they are offering, that's quite fair.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
I read it again and I think I get it now. If you get in on the deal, you will only be able to cancel in April if the unit hasn't been shipped until then.

Given that CES is the second show that the unit will be attending, I think it's fair to say that in most probability - the unit will be ready before April.

Anyway, can't wait to see it on CES.

·
Registered
27,141 Posts
Sounds nice.....except the HD LEEZA April delivery.

As I perused the brochure, i noticed that it is able to be daisy chained with others.

I wonder if a FUTURE DVI, firewire, sdi, etc. switcher could be daisy chained to this unit for a more complete, up to date video switcher?

Possible, Mike???

Jeff

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I wish I had enough sources to justify this purchase, since it looks like a great deal. Seems that the HD Leeza itself has all of the inputs I would need for some time; I only have to accommodate an SDI DVD player, LD player, HD cable box with component outputs, and potentially an HD-DVD player in the future that will utilize DVI-HDCP.

Thanks for the deal anyway, Michael. It's great that you're trying to offer something to those of us who've already chosen your product and are patiently awaiting its release.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Ajantin: I am pretty sure they already had the DVD players modded. So I can't see them changing that.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Michael:

A couple of questions.

If I have say three HDTV signals - DirecTV, Dish, and D-Theater - plus say two DVD signals in addition to the one with HDLeeza - plus two regular satellite signals/Tivos - plus maybe OTA and who knows what - is this a situation that Matrix switcher can handle, but otherwise HD Leeza alone could not?

Are your engineers optimistic that HD deinterlacing is soluble within a few months?

Thanks.

Craig

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Does that include the silver facia models. Can the 50 Bucks I owe KDS qualify as a deposit, a la Cubana, i'll hold your money untill you deliver the goods? :)

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Where is the hard drive to distribute everything (inc. HD, data, audio, communications) via 3 zone fiberoptic? Thats where multiroom mattrix switcher/scaler/encoders are going. ? MUXED Fiberoptic.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by oferlaor
I read it again and I think I get it now. If you get in on the deal, you will only be able to cancel in April if the unit hasn't been shipped until then.

Given that CES is the second show that the unit will be attending, I think it's fair to say that in most probability - the unit will be ready before April.

Anyway, can't wait to see it on CES.
Hi Ofer,

You are correct.

Thank you

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by thebland
Sounds nice.....except the HD LEEZA April delivery.

As I perused the brochure, i noticed that it is able to be daisy chained with others.

I wonder if a FUTURE DVI, firewire, sdi, etc. switcher could be daisy chained to this unit for a more complete, up to date video switcher?

Possible, Mike???

Jeff
Dear Jeff

I think it will be possible with adapters.

Thank you

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cwilson
Michael:

A couple of questions.

If I have say three HDTV signals - DirecTV, Dish, and D-Theater - plus say two DVD signals in addition to the one with HDLeeza - plus two regular satellite signals/Tivos - plus maybe OTA and who knows what - is this a situation that Matrix switcher can handle, but otherwise HD Leeza alone could not?

Are your engineers optimistic that HD deinterlacing is soluble within a few months?

Thanks.

Craig
Dear Craig

HD Leeza final input specs are

2 s-video, 2 composite, 2 component, 1 rgbhv, 1 passthrough, 2 dvi, 1 sdi. If you have more sources than inputs on HD Leeza than Matrix switcher will do the job, other wise you are fine.

Thank you

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX
Does that include the silver facia models. Can the 50 Bucks I owe KDS qualify as a deposit, a la Cubana, i'll hold your money untill you deliver the goods? :)
Dear Peter

It comes in black face plate only. If you owe us $50, how can we take the money as a deposit?

Thank you

·
Registered
925 Posts
michael - i'm pretty sure i owe you guys about four gees. so just ship me a unit when they're ready and we'll call it even, okay?

;)

doody.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Michael,

That reminds me of when my colleague and I went shopping for a digital camera each a few years ago. We were in New Orleans and asked the guy in the shop if it would be less for two camera's than one. He looked at us like we were stupid and said,

"No, it's twice as much!"

Gordon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.