AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but does anyone have any advice as to which transcoder is better, Key Digital or the Audio Authority (composite-->VGA)?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
errr I meant component instead of composite...sorry!

·
Banned
668 Posts
In addition to 480p, the KeyDigital KD-CTC also handles 720p, and 1080i/540p).

Unfortunately I have tried two of these units, and have not been able to get them to work with the TH-AE100. Using the default auto-detect dip-switch settings, the picture looks totally washed out, and no amount of projector adjustments can compensate for it.

Others have tried an unofficial KD-CTC setting which worked, but this is hit or miss. It worked for my friend, but I have tried 2 units and both didn't work.

On my friend's, it appears that the KD-CTC introduces color errors. When viewing the THX horizontal grey scale boxes, 2 of these boxes towards the right looks purple, and it is always the same 2 boxes, all the other ones are normal. When he switches to component input, the pink goes away.

So as much as I would like to go with KD for cost and resolution reasons, I have decided that I will switch either to AA, or go through iScan for the component->VGA conversion.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ABCD
In addition to 480p, the KeyDigital KD-CTC also handles 720p, and 1080i/540p).

Unfortunately I have tried two of these units, and have not been able to get them to work with the TH-AE100. Using the default auto-detect dip-switch settings, the picture looks totally washed out, and no amount of projector adjustments can compensate for it.

Others have tried an unofficial KD-CTC setting which worked, but this is hit or miss. It worked for my friend, but I have tried 2 units and both didn't work.

On my friend's, it appears that the KD-CTC introduces color errors. When viewing the THX horizontal grey scale boxes, 2 of these boxes towards the right looks purple, and it is always the same 2 boxes, all the other ones are normal. When he switches to component input, the pink goes away.

So as much as I would like to go with KD for cost and resolution reasons, I have decided that I will switch either to AA, or go through iScan for the component->VGA conversion.
The AA has no adjustments and works fine with the AE100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.